Seventy one- an engagement (kirika x dino)

"So, Takeshi. Remind me again why we're stuck here?" Hinata asked, plastering a fake smile to her face. She wore a purple dress, and her hair was curled up into a bun. Yamamoto stood next to her, dressed in a tuxedo. The reason they were both at such a fancy party at this lakeside manor was because of the Ninth's request that Tsuna attended as the Vongole's next boss.

"Because Tsuna is attending this party, and as a part of his family, we need to be here." Yamamoto said. "Relax, you look gorgeous." He winked.

"Thanks, Takeshi. You look nice in a tux." Hinata smiled. "But the problem now is, where is Tsuna and the others?" She asked, looking around. They were surrounded by strangers, all of whom were speaking Italian or English, none of which Hinata was fluent in. And all of these strangers also happened to be members of the mafia...

"Oh, there's Gokudera." Hinata said, noticing the silver haired guy. "C'mon, lets go." She grabbed his hand, and pulled him over to Gokudera. "Tako head!" She hissed, tapping his shoulder. He looked over at her. Tsuna stood in front of him. "Hinata-chan!" Tsuna breathed a sigh of relief. "I was wondering where you guys went." He said, looking at them.

"We were looking for you too." Hinata said. "Good thing it's just us....Kyoya would be impossible to find if he was here, and Ryohei would be attracting too much attention with his shouting...." She sighed. "Hey, where did Dino and Kirika go?"

~~~

Meanwhile, under a tree by the lake, Dino and Kirika were staring out at the lake. Kirika breathed a sigh of relief. "It's much better being out here than in there, isn't it?" She said, looking at Dino.

"Yeah." He smiled. "You always used to pull me outside whenever we had to go to these sort of parties, don't you remember?"

"Of course." Kirika smiled. "But we forgot to bring out some champagne with us this round. And I'm still too sober if I have to go back into that party. The way they manage to bore me to death with their stupid chatter never fails to amaze me."

"Well, if that happens all the time it wouldn't be very good if you became the wife of a mafia boss, right?" Dino said. "You'd have to host parties like this, you know."

Kirika looked at him. "Wait, what?" She asked. "Wife?" She eyed him cautiously. "Where are you going with this, Dino?"

Dino looked her in the eyes. "Promise not to freak out?" He asked.

"No?" Kirika said.

He sighed. "I'm still gonna go ahead anyway." He reached into his jacket, taking out a small box. Kirika's eyes widened at the box. "Oh, no, you're not-" she stared at him. He knelt down on one knee.

"Kirika Sumire, will you marry me?" He asked.

She stared at him. "D-Dino, I'm only eighteen." She stammered. "Hell, my birthday is still a month away! I can't get ma-"

"I'm not asking you to marry me right away, Sumire." He interrupted. "I'm asking you if you want to marry me." He said, looking her in the eyes.

"You're serious." She noted.

"And I'm not getting up without an answer." He said. "So?"

She studied his face, taking in every detail. Finally, she took a deep breath. "Yes." She said. "I do want to marry you."

He smiled and slid the ring onto her finger. She let out a breath. "I can't believe I actually agreed to this......." She muttered. "Considering what I think of marriage." She thought back to her own parents, the fights, the shouting.

He laughed. "I'm sure I'll be able to change your mind about that...." He said, kissing her forehead. She reached up, kissing him on the lips. "I know you will." She smiled. "Now, I wonder what the others will think when they find out that we're engaged...." She said thoughtfully.

Dino looked up at the manor. Tsuna and the others could be seen walking towards them. "Looks like we're about to find out...." He said.

"Oh boy." Kirika muttered. "Maybe we should make a run for it instead."

Dino laughed. "How bad could it possibly be?" He asked, kissing her cheek.

~~~

"Hmph, so even such a loser student like you could get her to agree to marry you?" Reborn smirked, pulling Dino's ear. "Tell me, Scarlette, what do you see in this idiot?" He looked over to Kirika.

"You know what, maybe we should've made a run for it after all...." Dino muttered. Kirika laughed.

Wakakakaka I couldn't resist, I wanted to see them end up together xD

Kirika x Dino!!!