Fifteen - first day.

Yamamoto sat up in bed, fingering the ring around his neck. A one on one battle with that long haired dude...he smirked. He was looking forward to it. He looked at his clock. It was time to get up. Odd. Hinata was usually the first up, and the one to barge into his room shouting for him to wake up.

He got up, walking over to her room. "Hinata?" He called, knocking her door. No answer. He opened the door quietly. "Hinata?"

She lay curled up on the bed, her blanket wrapped up around her. Her black hair was tied up in braids, which were slowly falling apart. He walked over to her. She snored delicately. He chuckled. She looked so cute asleep. Hibari would kill him if he knew he had seen her like this. He sat on the edge of the bed.

Her leg reached out, kicking him off. "Ow!" He yelped, landing on his back. She opened one eye lazily. She looked at him. "What are you doing in here?" She mumbled.

"It's morning, sleepyhead." He said. "You didn't have to kick me off."

She closed her eye, snuggling into the covers. "I just felt like it." She mumbled. "Get out."

He looked at her. "Is something wrong?" He asked.

"What gave you that idea?" She asked.

"Because you're not awake yet." He said. "Which is weird."

"What, I can't lie in once in a while?" She asked, burying her head in her pillow. She sounded angry.

"I can tell that you're upset,Hinata." He said. "What's wrong?"

"Just leave me alone, Takeshi!" She yelled.

He reached out a hand, but she swatted it away. He grabbed her arm. "Hinata!" He said, pulling her so she was facing him. Her eyes were brimming with unspilled tears, and she glared at Yamamoto angrily. "Let go!" She shouted.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "Tell me!"

"You don't get it!" She said.

"Hinata, tell me!"

"GET OUT!!" She screamed, kicking him off her. She wrapped her blanket over her head, blocking him out. "Please." She whispered.

Yamamoto sighed. "Fine." He said, going out.

~~~

Yamamoto ended up walking to school alone, because Hinata wouldn't get up no matter how hard he tried to make her. He still didn't understand what had happened to make her so upset. He sighed.

He spotted Tsuna up ahead, and his mood brightened up. "Yo!" He greeted, coming up behind him. "Ya- Yamamoto!" He said, surprised by his sudden appearance. "You look...cheerful." He said.

Yamamoto grinned. "It's exciting, isn't it?" He said. Tsuna looked at him like he was crazy. "Where's Hinata?" Tsuna asked.

"She didn't feel like getting up." He said.

"I see..." Tsuna said.

"Good morning,tenth!" Gokudera said, coming up, a box in his hands.

"Gokudera-kun!" He looked at the box. "What's in there?" Tsuna asked.

"Err training equipment, tenth."

"You train with paper airplanes?" Yamamoto asked.

"What, got a problem?" Gokudera asked, glaring at him. "Where's the demon's sister?"

"Hinata didn't feel like getting up." Yamamoto said.

"Hmph. I'm going to the mountains to train now, tenth." He said. "By the way, I wonder who the guardian of the mist ring is. I just hope that person is better than that stupid cow..."

"Yeah.."Tsuna said. "I wonder where Hibari is?"

~~~

School ended, and night came. Yamamoto was washing the dishes, when Hinata walked into the kitchen, holding a bar of chocolate. "Hey, Takeshi." She said. "Sorry about this morning."

"It's ok. Are you ok?" He asked.

"Fine. Just dandy." She said in a flat tone, biting into her chocolate.

He stared at her. "Since when do you eat chocolate?" He asked.

"Since now." She said.

"You seem mad."

"So?"

"Will you tell me why you're mad?" He asked.

"Nope." She said. "Not in the mood for that now."

"Hmm." He looked at the clock. "It's almost ten thirty. You should get ready."

"I'm not going." She said simply.

"Why not?" He asked, surprised.

"Because I don't want to."

"Hinata-"

"And anyway. I don't need to go. I'm not a guardian of any ring, so I don't need to fight. So there's no reason for me to be there." She said. "And I don't see why I need to be there."

He took the chocolate from her. "I discovered something. Chocolate makes you crankier." He said jokingly.

She rolled her eyes at him. "Give it back." She said.

"Nope." He said, swallowing what was left of it.

She sighed. "Geez." She said, walking off. "Hey, Takeshi. Be careful tonight." She said. "I'll see you tomorrow." She said.

Yamamoto stared after her, still confused. Why had she been mad? He was no where closer to finding out why.

Hinata watched from afar as Yamamoto went out, his sword over his shoulder. She sighed. He was such an idiot. He didn't understand. She hoped that he would be careful and not get into trouble.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors note:

I don't plan on describing all of the varia fights, maybe only the Rain and Last battle. I'm not sure. But I will no be describing the fights, since I wouldn't be changing much. If you want to know how the fights went, read the manga or watch the anime.