Twenty- before the battle

Hinata x Yamamoto!!! :D

*************************

__________________________

Hinata yawned, sitting up on her bed. She looked at her clock. It was past nine in the morning, which was pretty late for her. She walked out, walking over to Yamamoto's room. "Takeshi...are you up yet..?" She said. She looked at the guy on the bed, sleeping soundly. She sighed, walking over.

She nudged him over, sitting on the edge of the bed. He mumbled in his sleep, rolling over on his side. She smirked, snatching the blanket off him. He groaned, rolling so he was facing her. "What are you doing, Hinata?" He mumbled.

"Waking you up."

He sighed. "Nope. Today I'm lying in." He said. "I'm tired." He yanked her arm, pulling her down so she was lying on the bed with him. He sniffed her hair. "Your hair smells like vanilla shampoo." He muttered.

She tried to get up, but he put an arm over her, keeping her down. "Takeshi-" she started.

"Hinata. Just be quiet please." He whispered. He hugged her. "You're warm." He said. "A bit too warm." He said, opening his eyes. He placed a hand over her forehead. "You've got a fever." He confirmed.

"I do not." She said. "You're just paranoid."

"Yes,you do." He said. "You need medicine."

"I'm fine, Takeshi." She insisted. "When I pass out or vomit, then I'll think about listening to you." She grinned cheekily.

He sighed. "When I get up, we're going to see Romario." He said.

"Fine." She said. He patted her hair, kissing her forehead. She blushed into his shirt, hugging the blanket around her. "Kyoya's gonna kill you, you know that?" She mumbled.

"I could care less." He smiled.

She smiled. "Hey, Takeshi." She said. "Are we..a couple now?" She asked.

He paused. "I don't know." He said. "But...alright." He looked down, so he was staring into her eyes. "Would you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

She stared into his hazel eyes. "Yes." She said.

He smiled. "Now, we're a couple." He said, bumping her forehead with his. She smiled. "Hmm..you're getting warmer, Hinata." He said. "I really think we should get you to Romario for a checkup now."

She sighed. "Might as well get it over with." She said, sitting up. "I still think you're being paranoid."

"Better safe than sorry, especially if your girlfriend's brother is Hibari Kyoya." He smirked. She laughed. "Good point." She said,leaving.

~~~

"A fever." Romario said.

"I knew it." Yamamoto said. "I wasn't being paranoid." He said.Hinata rolled her eyes at him.

"I'd advise you to stay inside the house, and get lots of rest." Romario said. "And take your medicine." He handed her a bag of medicine. She pulled a face at the sight of the pills.

"What's wrong?" Yamamoto asked.

"I hate medicine." She scowled.

"It's good for you." He said.

"It tastes horrible." She gagged.

"You'll survive." He said. "Thanks, Romario-san." Romario nodded. "Come on, Hinata." He said, helping her up. "You need rest."

They walked back to the shop together. On the way, they passed by a Takoyaki stall. "Takeshi...have I ever told you what a wonderful person you are?" She said.

"What do you want?"

"Takoyaki." She said, pointing to the stall. "Please, I'm sick after all."

He snorted. "Now you admit you're sick." He said, walking over to the stall anyway. She smiled, looking around her. A flash caught her eye. She looked. A...camera? She squinted. It disappeared instantly. She blinked. She was probably just imagining things after all...

"Hey, Hinata." Yamamoto called. "What are you looking at?"

"Huh?" She looked at him. "Oh. Nothing." She said, walking back over to him. "Yay, Takoyaki!" She cheered, taking the container from him. "Thanks." She said, popping one into her mouth.

"Your welcome." he said. "Now lets go back."

She nodded, following him.

~~~

Yamamoto looked at the sleeping girl in his bed. Apparently, the medicine that Romario gave was like a sleeping pill, and Hinata was knocked out cold.

He sighed,ruffling her hair. In a sense, this was actually better. Because he knew that if she was awake, she'd be demanding to go with the to the school for the last battle. And after what had happened last night, he didn't want her anywhere near the place tonight.

He checked her temperature. It had lowered, but only slightly. He took a wet cloth, putting it over her forehead. He looked at the clock. Time to go. "Don't go anywhere till I come back, ok?" He murmured to Hinata. She snored softly.

He smiled, walking out.

_________________________________

Authors note:

Sorry but,I won't be writing the last battle. Because I wouldn't be able to change any of it, and it's pretty long.... Please refer to manga if you want to know what happened. BUT TSUNA AND THE OTHERS WON!!! Again, SORRY.