Twenty two- a new girl... Rival alert!!

It was now three months after the incident involving the vongole rings. Things had gone back to normal in namimori, which was a relief. The exams were over, and Hinata had managed to fail all of the tests, to Hibari Kyoya's anger. It earned her a series of morning detentions, which he used to pound knowledge into her brain, so she was able to pass the retake.

Hinata sighed, remembering the torturous study sessions with her brother. She shuddered, thankful that it was over. She glanced at the ring on her finger, smiling. Kyoya hadn't been overjoyed about it, but he'd accepted it nonetheless. The results of the retake had satisfied him, so she was off the hook.

"Oh, how great it feels to be free!" She sang. She noticed Tsuna and Gokudera. "Tsuna!! Good morning!" She called, walking over. Tsuna waved at her. "You seem in high spirits this morning, Hinata-chan." He said.

"You should've seen her this morning." Yamamoto chuckled. "Dancing around the house like a maniac." He teased.

Tsuna blinked. "Ah! You don't have to meet Hibari-san in the morning for detention anymore, right?" He said. "Congratulations."

Hinata laughed. "Thanks, Tsuna."

"Tch. Crazy woman." Gokudera said.

"Tako head." Hinata said coolly. "Hey, did you guys hear?" She asked. "I heard someone saying that there's gonna be a new student in our school."

"Is that so?" Yamamoto asked. "Hmm. Can't wait to meet the student."

Hibird flew around her head, settling on a spot in her hair. "Hinata! Hinata!" It sang. "Late! Late!"

"Huh?!" Hinata checked her watch. "Shi- we're gonna be late! Hurry!" She said, grabbing Yamamoto's hand.

"Geez. Coming, coming." Yamamoto said, overtaking her. Now it was him who was pulling her forward. Soon, they reached the school gates, where Hibari was patrolling.

"Hinata." He said. "Herbivore. You're late."

Hinata sighed. "Dang."

Hibari smacked her on the head lightly with his tonfa. "Just because you passed the retake doesn't mean you can be late." He said. "Detention after school for you."

Hinata groaned. "Come on! I just got my freedom back!"

"One more word and detention for the rest of the week."

~~~

"Good morning,students. Today, we have a new student joining us." The teacher said.

Hinata looked up sleepily. A new student?

The door opened, and a girl walked in. Her long red hair flowed to her waist, a front portion of it plaited to hang on the side of her face. Her blue green eyes looked around coolly. The skirt of her uniform was short, showing off her slim long legs.

"My name is Kirika Sumire." She said. "Nice to meet you all."

"Wow! She's cute!" Someone shouted. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No." She replied curtly. "I'm currently single."

This attracted a series of whooping from a few boys. Hinata raised an eyebrow. What, attracting attention so soon? The new girl walked over to the empty seat next to Gokudera, behind Yamamoto. "Hello." She greeted, sending a wink at Tsuna, who blushed in embarrassment. Gokudera scowled fiercely at her.

"Hoi, new girl. Don't make eyes at the tenth." He said.

The girl raised an eyebrow. "I'm Kirika Sumire." She said. She leaned over to Yamamoto. "And who are you, handsome?" She asked.

Hinata twitched. Handsome?

Yamamoto glanced at her. "Yo. Yamamoto Takeshi." He said, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Call me Sumire." She smiled widely. Her eyes glanced at Hinata. "And you are..?"

"Hibari Hinata." She said.

"Ah...nice to meet you." She said half heartedly, turning to Tsuna. "I didn't catch your name." She said.

"Sawada Tsunayoshii." He said, avoiding eye contact. "Th-this is Gokudera Hayato." He pointed at a glowering Gokudera.

"Hmm,nice to meet you both." She said. Her attention was focused more on Yamamoto though, Hinata noticed. She ignored it when the teacher started to teach.

~~~

It was time for recess, and they were going to the canteen. "Yamamoto-kun!!"Kirika Sumire called, running over to him. She caught onto his arm. "Could you show me around the school please?" She asked.

Hinata twitched. Her hand curled into a fist. Seriously?! She'd been paying attention to him all day, practically flirting with him shamelessly. And Yamamoto hadn't noticed a thing.

"Err.."

"Yay! Lets go!" She said, pulling him away.

Hinata twitched. Tsuna glanced over at her. "Um..Hinata-chan?" He asked.

"What?" She snapped at him.

"Hii!! Nothing!" Tsuna said quickly. Her aura seemed murderous.... Almost like Hibari Kyoya... He gulped.

She sighed. "Lets just go." She said, walking to the canteen. Along the way, they had to pass a crowded hallway. "Wow, it sure is crowded today." Tsuna said.

Hinata barely looked up. "Move." She said. Tsuna glanced at her. She was definitely emitting a dangerous aura alright. Everyone parted slowly, moving out of her way. She bought the food quickly, then walked up to the roof. She sat there, eating slowly.

"Hinata."

"Kyoya." She said without turning.

"Where's the herbivore?"

She grit her teeth. "With another girl." She said. She looked down, seeing Kirika Sumire with Yamamoto. Hibari looked down. "Hmph. New student." He said.

"Yep." She said, shredding what was left of her bread to bits.

"Don't leave any of that here later." He said.

"I'll eat it." She said,continuing to shred. "Later."

He watched his sister's expression, an amused expression on his face. He reached over, ruffling her hair. "Don't think so much of it, Hinata." He said. "I'd bite him to death if he dared."

She looked at him. "Think about what?"

"You're jealous." He said.

"I'm...not." She said.

"Your face is saying it all, Hinata."

She shredded the bread viciously. "I. Am. NOT." she said, gritting her teeth. She paused as Hibari looked at her. "Ok, maybe a little." She admitted.

"Nothing will happen." He said.

A cry caught their attention. They looked down. Sumire had 'tripped', and flung her arms around Yamamoto. "Oh, I'm so, so sorry.." She said, biting her lip.

"It's ok." Yamamoto said.

Hinata twitched. She grabbed a pebble in her hand, flinging it as far as possible from her. It flew off into the distance. She could hear Kirika Sumire's giggles, giving her an urge to throw a boulder at Kirika.... But she might hit Yamamoto too...

"Argh, she pisses me off!!" Hinata shouted, stomping back into the building.