Twenty one- birthday after the last battle

"YAMAMOTO TAKESHI!!" Hinata yelled. "You left me behind!!" She burst into his room angrily. "You little-" she stopped, seeing his injuries. "Oh."

"Hinata." Yamamoto mumbled, sitting up. "What are you doing up so early?"

She didn't answer. She walked over to him, and sat down next to him. "Lie down, you idiot." She said. "You'll reopen those wounds if you're not careful."

He looked at her in surprise. "You're not shouting at me." He said. She shot a glare at him. "Not that I want you to,of course." He added quickly.

She sighed. "Who won?" She asked.

"Us,obviously." Yamamoto grinned.

She smiled. "Good." She shoved him. "I'm going to see my brother. You'd better be resting in your bed when I get back." She said, leaving. "See ya."

Yamamoto watched as she left. With a sigh, he lay back on his bed. "Finally, some peace and quiet." He muttered, closing his eyes.

~~~

Hinata walked onto the school roof. "Kyoya?" She called. "Are you out here?"

He glanced at her. "What do you want?" He asked.

"You should be resting. In an actual bed." She said, looking at his injuries. "How's your leg?"

"It'll be fine." He said. "Where's the herbivore?"

"Resting. I hope." She replied. "Here." She held out a bento. "Your special." She said.

"Hmph." He took the bento from her. The small yellow bird flew to Hinata. "Hinata! Hinata!" It chirped. She laughed, petting it. "Nice to see you too, Hibird."

Hibari glanced at her. "Hibird?" He asked.

"Since it's always sticking around you." She said.

"Don't suddenly decide things like that on your own." He muttered, turning his attention back to his sushi. "Happy birthday, by the way." He said.

She looked at him in surprise. "Huh? But my birthday isn't till...." She counted the days mentally. "Omigosh. I forgot my own birthday." She slapped a palm to her face.

"Baka." He said.

"Do I get a birthday present?" She asked.

He looked at her. "No." He said.

"Aw, come on,Kyoya!" She whined.

"You didn't even remember it was your birthday until two minutes ago." He said.

"Thanks for reminding me." She smiled.

He sighed. "I knew I shouldn't have said anything." He muttered, reaching into his pocket. "Here." He said, handing her a bracelet. "That's your present."

She looked at it. "Pretty.." She said. "Where'd you get it?"

"I took it." He said simply.

"Took...?" she asked. He didnt answer. She put it on anyway. It was made of a black leather cord, threaded with blue and purple crystal beads. "Thanks,Kyoya." She said, ruffling his hair lightly.

"I'll bite you if you keep doing that." He muttered, continuing to eat. "I'm glad you like it." He said. "Don't wear it to school."

She laughed. "Still so serious, huh,Kyoya?"

"Hmph." He glanced at her. "How's your fever?"

"Gone." She said. "I'm all better now."

"Good." He said.