[15] Charizzma (2)

Chapter 15: Charizzma (2)

The evening sky was calming, the wind gentle, and the sound of the pond water behind me was relaxing. I sat down on the bench beside the half-devil, Mem-Cho, who was much more tense than me, though she didn't show it. The reason why she was tense was because I wasn't veiling my Qi, she knew I wasn't a normal human, and that I probably knew her true identity.

"A half devil? What Family are you from?" I started the conversation with that, causing her muscles to tense as she sat stiffly while wearing a shaky smile.

"Haha... would you believe me if I said I don't know what you're talking about?" She said, looking to the side and not meeting my eyes. "I can feel you're... special, so I am assuming you know that I am too, but I have no idea what your question means."

"Ah, I see." I shrugged. "Understandable since you are not pureblood. Your father probably found a good-looking human woman and slept with her, you were the result. Then he left. Ah, or was it your mother, instead?"

"...It's my father." She said, still a bit tense, but less than before given I was being pretty casual.

"Don't worry, I am not here to hunt you or anything. I don't hold any prejudice toward the devils, definitely not towards a half who doesn't even know her identity." I reached out a hand and put it on her thighs, trying to reassure her. I looked into her eyes, smiling. "Besides, even if I was one of those guys from the Hero Faction who hunt devils, I don't think I'd have the guts to take down such a cutie like you."

That made her ease finally, as she smiled back. "I'll take your word for that, then. Though I have no idea about that faction you just spoke of."

I see. It was true I didn't hold any prejudice towards devils, even if I was killed in my 2nd life by my devil wife. I don't hate the entire race- well, I don't hate her either at this point, it's been too long, holding onto grudges in my kind of life wasn't satisfying. Though it was untrue that I wouldn't have killed her if I was in such a situation; I killed the hottest woman in the universe in my 9th life. That bitch tried to steal half of my power after we broke up after dating for a few years as if it was a common western marriage.

"Rest assured, then," I told her, drawing my hand back. My eyes scanned the area as we sat in silence. Mem-Cho stayed silent too, until she cleared her throat and decided to speak.

"By the way, it seems there are quite a few special people in this place. Especially the girls; I think Mai Sakurajima is a Yokai, and I'm unsure about what Yuki Sumi is, but she also has a sort of aura around her. Only that girl," she nudged her nose ahead. "Akane is normal, I think. Same with all the guys, other than yourself."

"You're right. I suppose it's more common than I thought for supernatural people to be in the showbiz world. Perhaps that's why some entertainers seem too good at their job to be human." I theorized. "By the way, are you single?"

"...Yes?" She answered hesitantly, and then a smug smile formed on her lips. She leaned toward me. "Ara ara, did Aquamarine-kun build a crush on Senpai?"

"Don't you usually play the cute girl role? What is this ara ara now? It doesn't suit you, shorty." I flicked a finger on her nose, which she didn't take offense to, and just jiggled. "Just call me Aqua, by the way. As for your question, maybe I do. It's rare to meet a girl who looks so young at the age of 25, after all."

That was when she choked on her own spit with her eyes going wide. I rushed away from the bench and brought a bottle of water for her, and she quickly drank it. She gave me a look, and she somehow looked more scared that I knew her real age, than when I knew her race.