[27] Humanity's Loser and the Bunny Girl

Chapter 27: Humanity's Loser and the Bunny Girl

The day ended with not much else to describe.

"Isn't this too strong? In the beginning, I wondered why you didn't teach this before, but now I understand..."

"Mhm, just focus on mastering it for now."

Fine, maybe not entirely, as I did teach Ruby a new spell: [Humanity's Nova]. It was a different kind of magic than the ones she knew, as it was from the magic system in my 7th life, which differed from the one in my 5th life – as the Sorcerer of Eternity.

I did simplify it to fit into a typical spell system – as the magic in my 7th life couldn't just work on its own and was supported by technology.

It's true that I have never been born into a modern world before, but there was sci-fi. My 7th life was like that, it was a world where space travel and aliens were a thing. I... don't want to talk about it much. It was an impactful life.

Ruby had 5th Circle Mana Heart, I was supposed to give her a choice of Spell Concept she wanted to learn back in 4th circle, but she advanced fast so here we are. My plan was to give her normal elemental options at first, but I changed my mind after this. I was going to give her an original Spell Concept, I just made it up overnight.

[Spell Concept: Cosmic Magistra of the Scintillating Quasar]

A spell concept was basically a "Path" for comparison, it's like a skill tree from video games. I made this Spell Concept by taking two power systems and making a new one.

First was the Faith System of my 6th life as the White Tiger who was prayed to by many – I could use the faith essence to grow stronger. Additionally, I could get stronger by believing in myself, basically by being brave. Ruby won't become a Goddess with this, no, but it will allow her to get stronger in tough situations by resolving herself, but more importantly, she could use the faith of her fans from across the globe – as she would be a famous Idol soon – to grow stronger.

But my 6th life mostly works as the source of this power, the fire. The execution of it, the techniques, come from the light-magic spell tree from my 7th life – which led me to earn one of my most important titles.

The Monarch of the Brightest Night. It was a title that resonated with me enough that I had an Icon for it. However, that's for later. As I was still in Ruby's room, she spoke.

"Still, I'm surprised you have such dangerous spells memorized..."

Ruby said as she looked down at her hands; the spell I just taught her seemed to scare her a little. As it should.

[Humanity's Nova: Infused with the essence of unwavering belief, the user sings a soul-shivering song whose notes were old when the universe was young; it converts harmful energies in the nearby kilometres into benevolent forces, turning into light. As the user sings, a scintillating aura appears about her, growing ever brighter and hotter with every refrain. Only when the song ends does the aura explode, discharging its pent-up fury in a blinding, supernoval flash, releasing a wave of quasar energy that destroys everything in its path. It can create a black hole if the user gathers too much energy from the vicinity.]

A quasar is the brightest thing in the cosmos; it's an extremely luminous active galactic nucleus. Yes, it's a super Nuke. It can destroy a city if she went all out in her current rank, though that'd badly injure herself too – but at least her enemies will go down.

"In a world like ours, where negative energies are everywhere due to the unhappy people of the 21st century, it's a stronger spell than usual. Use it carefully and well, it's not a party trick." I told her as I ruffled her hair. She already knew that, despite her age and behavior she was smart in picking things up.