[178] How to Heal From Fatal Injuries Overnight?

Chapter 178: How to Heal From Fatal Injuries Overnight?

I'll need a particular someone's help if I truly want to recover in a single day. I left her a message and waited for her to arrive.

"Hope she doesn't take too much time," I muttered and tucked my phone back in my pocket. Just then, I noticed Asia went to the living room to hang out with my Goddess. That made me raise an eyebrow. That's new.

I recall that I told her "God is dead," which made her really mad, she didn't want to believe in it. Even after I gave her training and was raising her as a Sister of Battle for my Sect, she still had some belief toward the Big G. But nowadays she's been meeting one God after another who was different from the singular God whom she prayed to.

Since it's said in the Bible that God is one and yet she was seeing that's not true with her own eyes, it's natural that her last bits of beliefs were cracking.

It's about time she woke up.

"They're getting along well," a soft voice let me know, and I turned to find my mom walking over to me, stopping in front of me with a look on her face.

I was standing now rather than flying, and I had Qi circulating outside my body at a rapid speed. I was burning Soulfire too, which I would have called a waste if this was any other time, but not today. I had to loosen my muscles for the movements I'll have to do soon.

But when Ai stared at my chest, I dropped the Qi for her, prompting her to frown.

"I was expecting a hug, mother, not a frown," I said with a soft chuckle which made her let out a sigh.

She met my gaze. "I told you I had a bad feeling, but you didn't listen. Now look at the state you're at."

"Hey, it's not that bad, I'll recover in a day," I told her and she scowled at me. "If you don't believe me, wait for a few hours."

She crossed her arms, opened her mouth to say something, and then closed it. Then she walked even closer to me and put her arms around me, pulling my head into her bosom. Girls would usually rest their heads on my chest, but she loved doing it the other way around.

"Before you woke up, I heard Galaxara's escape story from her," she paused for a bit, "I... know you must want to go there and free that world. And I... know that I can't stop you but... please take it slow. You survived the last encounter, but the incoming one is a lot more dangerous. I don't want you to get hurt."

I put my arms around her and buried my head deeper into her chest, it was softer than a pillow, warmer than a world. "You're worried for no reason, I am taking it slow. We won't be leaving for that world yet, we need preparation. A few months at least. I'll also need to get a lot more powerful."

"...Really?" Ai asked and I nodded against her chest. Her stiff body relaxed and she let out a sigh, "Good. That's good. If you need anything from me, I'm here."

I, in fact, did need a lot of things from her. She's my trump card in all of this.

Ai Hoshino with her Wardrobe power was the key piece in all of this. And I'm sure she'll love to help me out with this. It was time I pushed Wardrobe to its limits.

****

An hour later, past midnight, the doorbell rang. I left my room, where I had finished setting up a complicated formation array, and walked over to open the door, already aware of who was behind it.

"Huh," to my surprise, I found more than one person waiting behind the door.

Devils, a bunch of them.