[18] The Liars Lie Together

Chapter 18: The Liars Lie Together

"Aqua!"

I somehow managed to reach the filming range in time. The Game Center was filled with fewer people than usual. It looked like the production team rented the place, which must have cost a lot. The men behind the screen gave me disapproving looks, shaking their heads due to me being late, while the actors welcomed me with open arms.

Mem-Cho ran and high-fived me, and I returned it easily. We have kept in contact for the last week, and the memes and reels we shared with one another brought back some good old memories from my first life when I too was an internet person. She has good taste in memes, and she was even bold enough to send a minor like me a few dirty memes too.

"Good to see you again, Mem."

"Same."

Then, I greeted the others. I was careful to not spend any extra words for Yuki Sumi, trying to slowly sign that I wasn't interested. I had to make sure that was clear, both in person and in front of the camera.

Soon, the shoot began. There were no rules as to what we could do, so we began to roam the entire place. I was with Mem-Cho, I allowed her to take me anywhere she deemed good.

After a few minutes of playing both new and old games in the arcade, Mem began to gossip.

"Look, the last episode caused such a scene amongst the audience." She said when we stopped for cold drinks near a vending machine as she showed me her phone.

It was the comment section of our episode on Twitter. Why Twitter? Oh and, did Elon Musk change the name back to Twitter from X? Or did that never happen in this timeline?

===

[Commented by GwenStacy'sFeetLicker:

This is incredible! The girls are so fucking cute. Mem-Cho is adorable as usual, but Yuki-chan is also cute. I am curious to see the other two girls, especially Mai-sama on the screen more. Though ugh, the boys aren't that good imo.]

[Replied by BrutalUwUKnight:

Case on point with the girls. But I think the guys did a good job too. That Aquamarine guy, in particular, stole the show. He's just so handsome. And I am a straight guy.]

[Replied by Jason34:

Wtf, what's wrong with you guys' names?]

[Replied by YoursMisaki:

I think you're just jealous when you talk about the guys. With a name like that, I won't be surprised if you feel insecure. Ugh, guys only come to see the girls, don't they? So gross, get a life.]

[Replied by FallenShrineMaiden:

@YoursMisaki agreed, guys are always so mad and perverted. Smh, but they melt like cotton whenever a real girl approaches them a bit suggestively. Anyway, forget about this topic. I ship Aqua and Mem-Cho, they have a good chemistry, but he also had a more interesting interaction with Yuki. The way she confessed out loud! Ugh, I wish the camera caught their conversation from the get-go.]

After that little fight was postponed, all the replies below, and the other comments too, talked about shipping. As it was the first episode, not all characters were developed well. It was Aqua and the two girls whom he interacted with that were receiving the limelight.

===

I laughed at the entire text wall. What the heck is this?

"The internet hasn't changed a bit since the last time I saw it." I couldn't help but find the stupid comment section nostalgic. In my first life, I died in the year 2020s. It's 2033 in this world, yet the internet is ever the same.