Prologue

Somewhere in the lab, Miranda was doing her usual experiment looking at the bottle to check if the measurements were just right until her eyes fell upon the certain figure in front of her.

A little female child at 10 years old looking at her with a warm smile as she lay her head on the table while watching her.

Miranda looked at the child with a confused look.

"What is it child?"

"Nothing, I am just watching what mother is doing"

The child said and kept her warm smile to which Miranda just smiled as well and lean her hand towards the child's head and patted her.

"Did you take your usual medicine?"

Miranda asked to which the child nod.

"Yes mother, I never forget to take my medicine. I dont want to worry mother"

Miranda only looked at the child before retracting her hand back and proceeded to continue her experiment.

"What's that mother? Is it my new medicine?"

"It is indeed, maybe this one will definitely cure your sickness"

"I hope so, I really want to see what's outside"

Miranda then stop as she looked at the child.

"You are not allowed to go outside"

"But mother, should I deserve to know what's outside?"

"The outside world is a dangerous place, my dear. You are still sick and until then you'll stay here till I find the cure to your sickness"

"...how long till I get cured, mother?"

Miranda then didn't responded for a moment before sighing as she continues her work.

"Soon.. you just have to be patient"

Miranda said as she was done with her experiment and gave it to her.

"Now take your new medicine, dear"

She said as the child just looked at her for a moment before taking the new medicine she made as she drank it without hesitation.

"Do tell me if you feel anything strange, child"

Miranda said as she took the empty glass from the child's hand and put it on the table before leaning her hand and patted the child again.

"I'll manage, mother.."

The child reassured her to which Miranda just looked at the child before standing up.

"Let's take you back to your room"

She said gently taking the child's hand and went to leave her working place as they went to the child's room.

~~~

At the age of 16 the girl is still not allowed to go outside as her sickness was getting worse just as Miranda said to her.

Miranda was making another experiment as usual when suddenly she heard someone coughing to which she looked and saw the girl coughing blood on the floor.

Miranda then only went to her and kneel down.

"This is the 10th time you cough so many blood"

Miranda said as the girl just stayed her gaze on the bloody floor.

"..my sick is only getting worse.."