Chapter 40

You were walking through the halls early in the morning because alcina told the maids to call for your presence and of course you didn't waste any more time if the lady in the castle wanted your presence.

You stop at the door while the maid has left to do her chores after guiding you and as you open the door to greet them.

"You called for me, alcina-"

You couldn't complete your sentence when you saw a person you wouldn't want to see for a while.

Miranda was sitting there, looking at you with her usual calm demeanor. The others are there as well.

"That's quite a visitor we had today, especially her"

You said looking at Miranda with hatred still lurking in your heart.

"It's a big deal letting mother Miranda to my castle after the incident but Ethan insisted so I had no choice"

Alcina said while blowing a smoke before taking a sip of her wine. Ethan then approached you.

"I know this is hard for you to face Miranda but for the past weeks we've been gathering information from the other side and Miranda was sincere so help us"

"And you would believe her words? Did she just tried to take rose from you? And not to mention, even did it twice. She abandoned the four lords like it was nothing when you defeated them, it's clearly obvious she's trying to do this for her own gain again"

You can't help but say all the things she's done to all of you and you don't want to trust this woman ever again.

"Y/n, I know Miranda did so much worse from the past but now there's much a bigger threat than her, her powers are weakening. She's not strong like she was before so she wouldn't be betraying us any moment and she's too smart for that"

"Oh really? She's good at manipulating too"

You said crossing your arms while Ethan just sighed and it was expected that you'll be hard to convince than he thought you would be.

Miranda then stood up and started approaching your direction and your tail that was wiggling back and forth began to tense up everytime she took a step forward.

"If it's allowed, I want to talk to her privately"

"That won't happen and most certainly won't agree to be even near you"

You said immediately with furrowed brows. Miranda kept her calm demeanor, Ethan then spoke.

"I don't think it's a great idea considering she wants to end you as much as possible"

"I know that but I want to talk to her privately, it's better if it's just the two of us"

Ethan was against this but sigh and looked at you.

"Y/n-"

"Not a chance"

"Y/n, please. For our sake"

He said while you were about to argue but then suddenly looked at the girls to which you lightly bit your tongue and just sigh before looking at Miranda.

"Fine, then let's talk somewhere private like you wanted"

You said and Miranda just nodded and you two proceeded to walk around the castle and went outside.

Heise watched you two from the windows and blew his smoke.

"Do you think it's a great idea letting y/n and Miranda together? You know their past and It's clear y/n still hold a grudge against Miranda"