Chapter 38

Alcina was on her usual spot, drinking blood wine while also reading a book when suddenly she remembered something and called one of her daughters.

"CASSANDRA!!!"

she waited for a moment before calling her again.

"CASSANDRA!"

Just a moment, she can hear a faint buzz getting louder and louder as it comes through the doors and turns into a figure completely.

"Yes, mother?"

"I forgot to tell you that we were almost out of wine, could you ask one of the maids to start getting me a new wine?"

"Of course, mother"

Just then half of her body just turned into moths and went through the door when suddenly it opened first before she could open it and she saw you.

She immediately smirked and gave you a flirty wink before giggling And left.

Alcina notices the small interaction and hum slightly as she takes another sip of her wine.

You only scratched your head in embarrassment before walking inside and greeted alcina, composing yourself to avoid any suspicion which is kinda late since alcina already noticed the small interaction you had with Cassandra.

Though she pretends not to and wants to see further.

"Greetings, alcina"

"Good evening, y/n. I see you have been taking care of yourself? You looked healthy for these past weeks"

"Oh am I? I haven't noticed that"

"It's normal if you don't notice, say are you working out?"

"Well..yes, I'm waking up in the morning to work out and also take a walk around the castle"

"Hmm~  I see.."

She poured you a glass of wine while you gladly took it and took a sip.

"there's no other maiden that caught your eye do you? I mean there must be a reason why you've been working out"

"Maidens? No, no maids caught my attention"

"What I meant is my daughters, dear"

You suddenly choke on the wine and cough off as you spill some of it on the table and your ears turned red from embarrassment.

"I..my apologies m'lady"

You said and immediately took a tissue to wipe the spilled wine on the table while alcina just chuckled.

"Do not worry, it's just a small spill but that's quite a reaction when I mentioned my daughters"

You didn't respond and only swallowed a lump in your throat and continue wiping the table clean.

"I'm just surprised that's all, m'lady. Your question caught me off guard.."

"Is it? Why is that?"

"Just..I..I can't really find the right words to say.. I mean you dimitrescu are beyond anyone's League"

"Oh? Do tell"

"I don't know, m'lady I just had a thought that if there's someone who's worthy of you and your daughters then I guess it's the same league as you have"

"And do you consider yourself?"

"Well...I don't know my parents, I'm just a lab rat that got disposed when I'm not needed. I don't really know if I'm the same league as you and your daughters"

"Hmm..you know we are all test subject to mother Miranda which means we're most likely the same league"

You then chuckled.

"Well, I know I didn't spend my life in this elegant ginormous castle, that's for sure"

Alcina then laughs and took a sip.

"Well, we all didn't have angelic wings like you had, now that's for sure"

You both laugh then and looked at alcina.

"So you really think I'm the same league as you and your daughters?"

"Pretty much yes, even if you didn't. I really don't care about leagues. When you love someone it's just that"

"Hmm..seems like you had someone m'lady"

She didn't spoke for a sec and just hummed and smiled before looking at you.

"I once had.."

"Once? What happened?"

"Well it's very very long ago, before I was turned into a mutant, I had this lovely wife"

"Wife? You were married to a woman?"

"Surprising isn't it?"

"Well..I guess not that surprised since most of the painting around the castle were women"

Alcina chuckled.

"You know my wife was a painter and most of the paintings here we're painted by her especially my portrait"

"Oh? That's quite a talent'

"She is excellent in painting, that's how she show her love for me"

"May I know what's the reason why you lost her?"

"Well, back then many people were against with our relationship. They think it was some kind of a demon involved for loving the same gender and it's very much a sin to them"

"We were accused by witchcraft and also accused for siding with the devil itself just because we love a woman"

"We ran away, escaping them. I want to confront the people but my wife wants peace and convinced to just escape the eyes of those who judge"

"But in the end, I was the only one who escaped and my wife..she..well..she was burned to death for such trivial things like loving me.."

"She was caught trying to save me from those people especially hungry men who was lusting for me"

"You see, I have many suitors but all of them just wants the same. Lusting for my body but...she..she looked at me without even lusting but just pure love..and that's when I knew she's the one I want for the rest of my life but was taken away from the people who thought our love was a sin"

"...."

You held alcina's hand for comfort and she just looked at you and smiled.

"I know about the intimacy relationship you had with my daughters"

"I.."

"Don't worry, y/n the way you looked at them..it's the same as how my wife looked at me, pure love no malice intentions"

"So you approved of us?"

"For once I've never had any suspicion of you y/n, your a good person with a good heart"

She then patted your head.

"And my daughters wouldn't just fall in love, mostly bela but you..well manage to capture her which just shows how special you are to them"

You smiled at her and scratched your cheek lightly.

"You flatter me, alcina.."

"Y/n"

"Yes?"

"Please take care of them, there very much dear to me"

"Of course, m'lady. I would never let anyone hurt them"

Alcina was satisfied with your answer and just took her glass of wine and you did as well and toss each glass before drinking.