Three

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐥𝐲𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭 𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭

TW: self harm and puking?

"Giselle!"

I burst in the lavatory, running over to a stall and emptying the contents of my stomach in the toilet and sitting up shakily, breathing heavily.

I was in the train, in the lavatory, barfing my guts out.

I bobbed my head down to my knees and sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

I had woken up from my dream and felt sick immediately. I sat up from George's lap quickly, where I had fallen, and sprinted here.

"Are... Are you okay?"

I looked up and wiped my mouth, pulling my hair back and leaning against the stall. "I'm fine," I said.

The girl that had entered the room shook her head. "No, you're not."

I laughed lightly, sniffling as the girl went to get me a glass of water.

"You're stubborn, aren't you?" I asked. "What's your name?"

"Katie," she replied. "Katie Keller. You?"

Katie walked over to me and gave me the glass, which I drank before saying,

"Giselle Black. Call me Zell."

I rolled up my sleeves and Katie looked down as I did so. After a minute, Katie gasped lightly, making me look up quickly, tracing Katie's eyes, and covering my arms up again.

"I-I should get going." I got up quickly, and hurried out the door.

"Wait! I—"

But I had slammed the door and sped down the hall back to my compartment, suddenly reliving my dream.

Tortured, with the death of my mother, I stood, nine years old, clutching my fathers hand as my lip trembled. Slowly, her coffin was lowered into a small grave for her small body.

I remembered how I used to hold her hand as we walked to the city for ice cream.

How she held me close when I was scared or sad, washing all of those feelings away.

The way she sung me to sleep every night and played with my hair.

The day she was gone...

I let tears slip from my eyes and turned to face my fathers chest, burying my face into him as I cried. He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, rubbing my back gently.

No one loved my mum like me and my dad did. No one.

I was being torn apart from inside... piece by piece. My heart decaying and flaking through my body.

I didn't know it quite yet, but it would finish my off when I got older if I didn't harness it.

"Stop, stop, stop," I muttered, clasping my hands over my ears and digging my nails into my scalp as I slid down the wall. "Go away..."

The ringing in my ears stopped as I closed my eyes, breathing heavily, because the world was spinning.

Carefully, I got up, and walked to the compartment, sliding open the door and trying to smile.

I managed to pull off one, but when I sat down, Hailey gave me a knowing look. I shook my head and looked back at George, who furrowed his eyebrows. "Hey, you okay, Zell?"

"Fine," I Said, smiling. "I just thought I had forgotten something in the, uh, lavatory."

Not fine. Not fine. You're a monster, Giselle Black, and everyone knows it.

George nodded, his eyebrows still furrowed as he turned away. "Okay..."

As their conversations resumed, I looked down and picked at my nails, peeling off the sides of my fingers skin off on every one.

Once I couldn't do it anymore, I stopped, looking back up at them and zoning back into their conversation.

"Giselle?"

I looked up, my eyes wide. "Sorry, what?" I asked, letting out a little laugh as I bit my lip.

"You okay over there?" Lee laughed, furrowing his eyebrows.

I sat back. "Yeah. Yeah! Totally. Just... thinking."

Lee nodded. "Well... we were wondering if you were going to try out for Quidditch this year."

"Sure," I nodded, smiling. "I think I'll try for Chaser."

"Excellent," George sighed, looking over to Fred. "We' re trying out for Beaters! Oliver will take all of us. We come as a package deal, us three."

Isa laughed and sighed. "You are... quite the trio."

I smiled slightly and then looked out the window, my smile becoming straight. A few green fields flew past and I titled my head to the left a little. It was so beautiful and majestic out there...

I was surrounded by laughs and giggles that I couldn't hear. Only the sound of silence filled my head until dinner.

Of course, they had tried to grab my attention numerous times, though I quickly disappeared into thought.

When we arrived in the Gryffindor common room, we found out that Harry and Ron hadn't been on the train with us and the Weasleys Ford Anglia had crashed into the Whomping Willow. When we had entered the Gryffindor Common Room, everyone was giving Harry and Ron high fives and pats in the back.

"Aw, Harry, you couldn't bring us with you?" George asked, laughing and putting an arm around me.

It was only then, when I stayed awake in bed, that I realized what darkness had consumed me.

To me... this world could never be real.