Five

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐏𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐛𝐲 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐒

𝐈 had been studying for nearly three hours when voice almost scared me out of my skin. Setting my quill down, I looked up to see Fred and George sitting across from me. I sighed, knowing what was coming.

"Zell!" They said in an over enthusiastic tone.

"We were wondering—"

"If maybe, just maybe—"

"Becauses we're your favourites—"

"You could help us—"

"With our homework!" They finished together. I laughed and rubbed my eyes.

"Alright, fine. What are you two doing out of the common room? It's past ten."

"Just being are usual responsible selves," George said, winking.

"Sure, get your books out, then," I said, waving over at the empty patch of table.

The two of them put their things on the table, so unorganised that I lean forward, stopping my head on the cold wood table. All hopes of finishing my own homework, getting ready for bed, and writing to Tom quickly soon rushed away, replaced by annoyance by Fred and George Weasley.

It took another hour and a half for me to complete my own homework in assist with Fred and George's. I said a quick good night to them before ascending onto the stairs, that led to my dormitory.

I was easier to get to bed, feeling the heavy sleep weigh over me, but the things in the back of my mind kept me awake as I lay in bed. My anxious mind was racing with thoughts, re-servicing memories of the night. My father abandoned me as a wrote in my diary to Tom.

After accomplishing that, I gave up on sleep, and made my way down to the common room to get myself a cup of water. Once I had the glass, I walked over to the couch and stared into the fire.

I began thinking about how different my life could've been, if my parents were really been there. The picture of hot chocolate and cold mornings, looking out of the backyard while my father told me a story is up his time at Hogwarts and my mum scolding him if he said something bad. A tightly knit family.

But instead, my dad was running away in prison, and my mum was watching over me. I was very grateful for the opportunities Remus and Mary had given to me, but no amount of love could fill that hole in my heart.

I thought back to everything I knew about my father. From what I've heard, he had fooled them all. Marie and Remus didn't say much about him, and never tried to bring him up.

I knew the facts of what my father had done. He betrayed his best friends, he killed one of his best friends, along with thirteen muggles. He fought for Voldemort.

And yet, despite all of those facts, I still missed him.

Hearing someone come down the stairs, I quickly wipe the tears from my cheeks, and acted as though I hadn't been crying. I looked up to see Fred standing there.

"Oh, hey, Fred."

"What's wrong?" He asked, sitting next to me, and putting arm around me, as I looked at him.

"Nothing, I'm alright."

For looked at me and wrapped mean a hug, somehow, knowing I wasn't telling the truth. And I my arms around his.

"It's okay, not to be okay, you know?"

" I'm okay, Fred," I said firmly, getting off the couch. " I'm actually feeling tired now, so I think I'll go to bed."

Fred stood too. "You have to stop searching at some point, Zell. I know you hate talking about your feelings, but it's not healthy for you to bottle up everything. You're like a sister to me. I don't want to see you in pain."

My heart ached. "Thanks, Fred. Seriously though I'm alright."

I turned on my heel to leave Fred standing there, wondering.

But I thought I would never be able to stop searching, too...

But searching for what?