Fifty five

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝 𝐤𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐧𝐞𝐫

"Giselle Black."

My first thought was Harry's name should've been called.

That's what I was expecting, at least.

The whole Great Hall was staring at me.

No one clapped, no one cheered, everyone simply stared.

Whispers spread across the room. Everyone was saying the same things, "Giselle Black is a cheater" and "How are there going to be four champions?"

I couldn't believe what I had just heard. I sat there in disbelief.

"You have to go up there, Zell," Isa said, giving her a worried glance.

I started hyperventilating. I stood up anyways, hoping that the entire thing was a dream. Sure I was in my fifth year, but that didn't mean I was ready to compete in a deadly competition.

"I didn't put my name in," I said automatically, my mouth dry. I was looking around at all my friends, whose faces were blank. "You-- you know I didn't."

But no one said, 'I believe you Zell!' or ' know Zell, there's no way you did!'

No, instead, they just stared at me, their mouths twitching as though they intended to say something.

"Giselle Black!" Dumbledore called again, his voice strained. "Giselle, up here, if you please."

I didn't want to stand up. I stared at my friends again. Not a single one offered to go with me and advocate for me.

Why was I being called? I wasn't the chosen one. I wasn't special. I wasn't appreciated and liked. I was just... me.

My heart hammering in my chest, I stood up and shoved my hands in my robe pockets.

I didn't look up as I walked.

I was scared. People were looking at me with disgust and confusion at the same time.

"Well, through the door, Giselle," Dumbledore said as I arrived at the teachers table.

'I didn't do it," I said, my voice trembling. "I didn't "

'I believe you, Giselle," Dumbledore said, nodding and urging me into the chamber where Viktor Krum, the Veela girl, and Cedric were sitting by the fireplace.

"What is it?" The Veela girl asked, looking at me expectantly. "Do zey want us back in ze hall?"

"No," I said quietly.

Ludo Bagman entered the room behind us. He looked excitedly at the champions and then at me.

"Extraordinary! Gentleman and lady, may I introduce you-incredible it may seem--to the fourth Triwizard champion!"

"Very funny meester Bagman," the Veela girl scoffed immediately, looking me up and down with distaste.

"Not at all!" Bagman said. "Giselle's name came out of the Goblet of Fire."

Cedric looked at me, eyes wide.

"But evidently zar has been a mistake," the Veela girl snapped to Bagman."She cannot compete. She is too young."

"You're right," I said fiercely, not liking her at all. "There has been. I didn't put my name in."

The door burst open, and the heads of the schools, Professor McGonagall, Snape, and Barty Crouch entered the room.