Twenty six

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐧𝐟

Woods a good guy. He's just a little obsessed with Quidditch.

"This is our last chance," he said, "and my last chance, to win the Quidditch cup. I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it.

"Gryffindor hasn't won for several years now. Okay, so we've had the worst luck in the world— injuries— then the tournament getting called off last year— but we also know we've got the best ruddy team in the school."

He walked forward and pointed at me, Katie, and Mazzy. "We've got superb Chasers," he smiled, making Mazzy smile.

"We've got two unbeatable beaters-"

"Stop it Oliver, you're marking me blush!" Fred said, and next to me, George pretended he was blushing. I giggled.

"And we've got a Seeker who's never failed to win us a match!" Wood finished, looking at Harry. "And then we have me."

"We think you're very good, Oliver!" George said.

"Spanking good Keeper," Fred added.

Mazzy, Oliver's new girlfriend, pressed a kiss on his lips, and the whole team ooed.

"Do we get a kiss too?" The twins asked in unison, making us all burst out in laughter. Wood waved his hand to quiet us down.

"The point is," he said, "the Quidditch Cup should've had our name on it the last two years. Ever since Harry got on the team, I thought the thing was in the bag. But we haven't got it, and this year is the last chance..."

"This year is our year," I said, smiling at Oliver. "We've got this shit."

"We'll do it, Oliver!" Katie said.

No one was prepared to go through rainy and freezing practices for the next few days, but we did it. Despite the cold and harsh wind, we trained especially hard. This year the cup would be ours.

—-

"How could you?" George moaned playfully, clutching his chest dramatically.

"I'm sorry!" I said, slipping my coat and shoes on.

"You'll miss the practice. You'll fail muggle music. It's tonight! The performance!" He continued, grabbing my arm.

"George, I'm going to be late!" I laughed. "Jacob's probably waiting at Honeydukes right now. I promised him I'd make up for kissing our study session, might I add, because you kept me up all night—"

"What if I never let go?"

I felt my heart leap as he looked at me pleadingly, and after I smiled slightly, he let go.

"Alright little miss ditch the infamous George Weasley," he said. "Go see your boyfriend."

I saw a little hurt in his eyes as he said it, but shrugged it off. "Oh, shut it!"

I walked down to wait with him, Fred, Isa, Mazzy, and Lee to walk to Hogwarts.

"Don't you just love being the sixth wheel?" Isa asked Mazzy, making me raise my eyebrows.

"Is that even a real thing?" I asked.

"Now it is," Mazzy sighed dramatically. "Lee— don't you fancy Alicia still?"

"Yeah," Lee said absentmindedly, waving his wand and almost poking me in the eye.

"Then why don't you ask her out?" George demanded.