Thirty

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡

"It's going to be a tough one," Wood said once the team joined me at breakfast.

"Stop worrying, Oliver, we don't mind a bit of rain," Mazzy said, rubbing his back.

"I hate to be that one guy, but it's pouring out there," Fred said, making everyone stare at him. He rubbed his eyes. "I got rejected by Hailey."

My mouth dropped open and I quickly covered it with my hand. "Really? Why?"

"Apparently her and Andrew got back together," he sighed, picking at his food grumpily.

We decided there was no more to be said and I rubbed my hands anxiously together, setting my fork down.

"Hey, what's wrong?" George asked, looking at me with concern.

I look up at him and smiled. "Nothing. Just nervous."

He nodded and rubbed my back, making me clench my jaw.

The Hufflepuffs walked out from their side of the pitch, Diggory in the lead. After he shook hand with Oliver, he smiled softly at me and I looked down.

"Mount your brooms..."

When the whistle blew, I caught the Quaffle immediately and flew under all the players. Within the first two minutes I scored. It seemed like Wood was a lot happier when Mazzy scored, getting us twenty points ahead.

Lee's commentary couldn't even be heard over the harsh wind, so if it wasn't for the fact that I was wearing theee pairs of socks, I think my feet would've froze off.

We played for what seemed like an hour, madly throwing the Wuaggke around in hopes that someone on our team would catch it.

The rain was obstructing t vision so much I could hardly see who was on my team, and Madam Hooch's whistle blew suddenly.

"We're fifty points up," Wood announced as Harry ran over. "But unless we get the Snitch soon, we'll be playing into the night."

"Got it," Harry said, but then he took off his glasses. "But I've got no chance with these on."

"Oh, I've got an idea!" Mazzy said, taki her wand out and tapping Harry's glasses. "Impervious!"

After Harry's glasses became clearer, Wood grabbed Mazzy's face and kissed her hard before pulling away. "Let's win this."

I immediately began to score again as okay started, but then I heard collective screams from the crowd.

Several dementors were high up in the air, be try near to where Cedric and Harry were chasing the Snitch.

They both pulled up as the Snitch dive down into the sea of dementors, and then a horrific moment occurred.

Harry fell fifty feet in the air from his broom.

I forcefully threw the Quaffle back to Katie and flew down to the field.

I caught Harry in my arms and collapsed with his weight and the momentum it was carrying.

The game was put into another time out as Harry was taken to the Hospital swing and Dumbledore sent the dementors away.

Oliver flew down and gripped me by the shoulders. "Seeker, now! Angelina's jumping in as Chaser."

I gripped my broom and nodded, and my heart beater fast as I lined up on the field to continue the game.

I shot up into the sky when the whistle was blown.

It was very odd for me not to be grabbing the Quaffle. I flew to higher than the other players and began doing quick laps. I didn't find the Snitch on the first or second revelation, so I flew lower. Then. I saw it, right in the middle of the game.

Cursing, I flew straight at it, nearly knocking Katie off of her broom. I swerved wildly and dive between two Hufflepuff Chasers, receiving a hit from a Bludger in the back.

Ignoring the pain, I dove toward to get the Snitch. The stupid winged ball began to fly up, and I went into a vertical ascend, twisting in midair, to catch the Snitch off guard. It didn't see that coming, and I managed to clasp my hand around it.

"I DID IT!" I screamed, which made the players below falter. "I CAUGHT THE SNITCH!"

I heard Wood roar joyfully when the team ambushed me with hugs, and Jacob crashed into my arms, picking me up and kissing me hard.

I pulled away abruptly, swearing I saw Wyatt grab my chest. I clenched my jaw when I realized it wasn't him, and that I was safe, I sighed.

Jacob looked at me curiously. "Zell, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Erm— Just cold."

Shivering like crazy, I felt George wrap and blanket around me, and I pulled him into a tight hug, catching Jacobs eye. He clenched his jaw and stalked away, and George spun me around.

It gave me a million butterflies, and I felt guilty every time. Despite having Jacob as my boyfriend, I still had feeling for George.

Although I had just won, I felt sick to my stomach.

I didn't know what to do.