Nine

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

When I woke up, I found that several flowers and cards had been placed by my bedside. Harry was already gone, so I had probably slept in.

I sat up, looking through the cards and beginning to tear them open one by one.

I hope you get better soon Zell! Also, George was so bloody angry at Wood last night— almost fought him! You guys look so cute together! Lots of Love, Katie.

I smiled and rolled my eyes.

Hey! Hope you're feeling better; I've Owled mum and dad and told them that if you come home dumber than usual that you took a Beater Bat to the head. Love you! Love, Hailey.

I laughed lightly. Of course Hailey had to tell them.

Really took one to the head there, Zell! The twins practically told the whole school that you were off your rocker when you took that potion. I would've paid to see it! Get better soon, Lee.

Of course the twins told everyone about it. What else would they have done?

Hey! I hope you're feeling better. Zell... you said something about.... 'Writing to Tom' yesterday? What's that about? Lots of love, Isa.

Oh Merlin.

I had told them about Tom without meaning to. What else did they know?

Sorry I was 'picking favourites' yesterday with you and Harry. But bloody hell Zell, that Bludger was rouge! I didn't know what was happening— I didn't think any of us did! Anyway, feel better soon! Fred.

Bloody hell Zell, I'm really sorry. I didn't think the Slytherin team would go after you like that. Just goes to say you're the best player! Please get well soon, I really miss you we really miss you. With love, George.

I felt my heart skip a beat as I read George's message. Merlin's beard I really did fancy him. Simply seeing and reading what he had wrote was enough for me to get butterflies. George saw me as a sister, didn't he?

Good game out there, Black. You're not too shabby at Quiddtch. To be honest, km

not as much as a fit as everyone else on my team. Go out with me Hogwarts weekend? It's right before Christmas. Feel better soon, Wyatt Pierce.

I started at the letter in surprise, and set the card down, opening the final one.

Hey! I know you don't know me very well, but I just wanted to thank you again for helping me in the hallway yesterday. That was a nasty hit you took to the head! Hope you feel better soon, Lyra.

I smiled. It was nice of them to drop by cards.

—-

"Everyone gather 'round!" Lockhart called. "Let me introduce you to my assistant , Professor Snape! He's agreed to help me with my demonstration before we begin."

"Ten Knuts says Snape hurts Lockhart in the first five minutes," Get the whispered to Fred, who nodded enthusiastically.

"Five sickles days Snape will use a simpler curse and humiliate him," I whispered to Isa, cocking an eyebrow. She nodded.

Snape and Lockhart stepped on stage, apart from each other in a competitive stance.

"As you can see, we are holding out wands our in an acceptable combat position," Lockhart said. "Oh the count of three, we will cast our first spell. Neither of us will be casting a killing curse."

"I wouldn't bet on that," Isa piped up beside me, making me snicker.

"One— two— three—"

Both of them swung their wands into action, but Snape was quicker. He cried "Expelliarmus!" And Lockhart was blasted off his feet and smashed into the wall. "Doyle think he's alright?" Hermione asked frantically, peering over Harry's shoulder.

"Who cares?" I asked, stretching out my hand. "I'm five sickles richer. Pay up!"

"Wrll there you have it!" Lockhart sighed, breathing heavy and stumbling back to the platform.

"Enough demonstrating!" Lockhart said. "Split up into pairs, please..."

My friends immediately began to split themselves into pairs, but someone else swooped over me.

"Wyatt!" I said in surprise as the gang stared at me in awe.

"Hey," he said, grinning. "Care to partner up?"

"Sure," I said with a soft smile, standing beside him.

"So, did you get my letter?" He asked, looking over at me.

"Oh, yeah!" I said, fidgeting with my hands. "I'd love to go."

"Excellent," he said. "I'd really like to get to know you better, Giselle."

"Call me Zell," I said. "And— erm— me too. You do seem nicer than those other pricks in Slytherin."

He chuckled. "Usually Slytherin and Gryffindor have a common rivalry—- and they do, don't get me wrong—- but you seem pretty awesome yourself."

"Most people don't like me because of my last name. Especially Slytherins. So truly... I didn't expect this from you."

He chuckled. "There's a lot you don't know about me. I guess it'll be a date."

I smiled. "I guess so."

I turned my head tk see the gang. Their reactions were all kind of similar.

Katie and Isa were gaping at me, and so was Lee.

Fred cat called, making me bury my face in my hands, but Wyatt took them away from my face.

"Don't cover your face," he said. "I think it's lovely."

I giggled. "Is this your way of flirting?"

He furrowed his eyebrows jokingly. "What? Is it bad?"

I laughed and turned to see George looking down once I caught his eye, he plastered a smile and gave me a thumbs up. I furrowed my eyebrows and smiled lightly.

Me and Wyatt watched as Harry and Malfoy got onto the stage, and I held my breath.

They barely bowed their heads, never talk their eyes off of one another.

"Wands at the ready!" Lockhart shouted. "When I count to three, disarm you opponents. And only disarm. We don't want any accidents— one— two... three—"

Both Harry and Malfoy had raised their wands, but Malfoy was quicker. Shooting a spell at him, Harry stumbled back as a bake approached him.

"Don't move, Potter," Snape said lazily as the snake slithered towards Harry. "I'll get rid of it."

"Allow me!" Said Lockhart. He waves his wand, making the snake fly in the air and land again, hissing furiously at Hufflepuff boy off stage. Then suddenly, Harry made a strange hissing noise and the snake hesitated, and did nothing.

"What do you think you're playing at?!" The Hufflepuff boy said furiously, turning to storm down the hall. I gasped at Harry in disbelief.

Harry Potter was a Parslemouth.