Forty

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐰 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡

"So you must catch the Snitch only if we're fifty points up," Wood said. "Only if we're fifty points up, Harry, or we'll win the match but lose the Cup. You've got that, havent you? You've got to catch the snitch only if-"

"I KNOW Oliver!" Harry yelled.

Slytherin was currently leading the tournament by two hundred points. On Saturday we'd be playing them.

The burden of winning pretty much fell entirely on Harry, except me, Angelina, and Mazzy, who had to score the fifty points.

There was so much tension between Slytherin and Gryffindor, it was scary.

The night before the game, Wood ordered us all to bed early but ost people were s nervous they couldnt sleep. Especially Harry.

——

"Captins shake hands!"

Flint aggressively shook Wood's hand, ready to play another dirty game.

"Mount your brooms! Three ...two... one!"

The whistle blew and I kicked off powerfully, slapping the Quaffle back into Angelina's hands.

"And its Gryffindor in possession," Lee roared. "Angelina Johnson of Gryffidor with the Quaffle, heading straight toward the goalposts, looking good, Angelina! Argh-- no, Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing up the field-- WHAM! Nice Bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington rops the Quaffle, its caught by Giselle Black-- Gryffindor back in possession, come on Zell... nice swerve around Montague--duck, Zell! Thats a Bludger!"

I dove under the Bludger and threw the Quaffle threw the center hoop.

"SHE SCORES! TEN TO ZERO GRYFFINDOR!"

I punched the air in delight, and flew past George, who winked.

The moment I looked at him, Marcus Flint slammed into me, making me nearly fall off my broom.

"Sorry!" Flint called as the Gryffindors booed loudly. "Sorry, didn't see her."

Immediately after, George chucked his bat at the back of Flints head, making his nose smash against the brim handle and bleed.

"That will do!" Madam Hooch snapped, flying between them.

"Penalty Shot to Gryffindor for an unprovoked attack on their Chaser! Penalty shot to Slytherin for deliberate damage on their Chaser!"

George swore loudly.

Moments later, I took the penalty shot and scored.

"YES!" Lee roared. "SHES BEATEN THE KEEPER! TWENTY TO ZERO GRYFFINDOR!"

Flint took the Slytherin penalty and Wood saved it easily.

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT! HE'S SAVED IT!"

Very pleased with the results, I waved to Harry who was also watching from above, doing laps around the pitch.

"Gryffindor in possession, no, Slytherin in possession- no! Gryffindor back in possession, and it's Mazzy Tills, Mazzy Tills for Gryffindor with the Quaffle, she's streaking up the field-- THAT WAS DELIBERATE!"

Stupid Montage dove in front of Katie and grabbed her by the head, which made her drop the Quaffle and nearly fly off her broom.

Madam Hooch called for another penalty, which Mazzy completed with ease.

"THIRTY ZERO!" Lee said triumphantly. "TAKE THAT YOU DIRTY CHEATING-"

"Jordan, if you can't commentate in a biased way-"

"I'm telling it like it is, Professor!"

Harry was then attacked by the Slytherin Beaters, making me laugh wildly as he swerved between them and made them collide with each other.

Unfortunately in that moment, Flint scored. which made Wood alore at us all furiously.

I caught the Quaffle and began heading down the pitch, attempting to make it forty-ten.

I was halfway down the pitch when a Beater bat slammed into my side, making me fall off my broom. I grabbed wildly for the handle, trying to stay on.

"Thought she was a Bludger!" Derrick, the Slytherin Beater said nastily as I climbed back on my broom.

George flew over and elbowed Derrick hard in the face.

Flint missed his penalty but I scored and made the score forty-ten.

Mazzy to then scored, making it fifty-ten.

It seemed Fred and George were trying to protect all the Chasers now after both attacks on me and Mazzy.

In their absence, Derrick and Bole both aimed Bludgers at Woods stomach, making him roll over in the air in his broom, completely winded.

"YOU DO NOT ATTACK THE KEEPER UNLESS THE QUAFFLE IS IN THE SCORING AREA!" Madam Hooch roared.

"Gryffindor penalty!"

Angelina took it, making the score sixty-ten.

Then Mazzy scored again, making it seventy-ten.

I looked up as I was flying toward the goalposts and saw Malfoy grab the end of Harry's firebolt.

I angrily flew the Quaffle into the hoop and flew up. By then it was too late. Malfoy had let go of the broom and Harry had lost the Snitch.

"YOU CHEATING SCUM!" Lee roared. "YOU FILTHY CHEATING B-"

Professor McGonagall hadn't even told him to stop. In fact, I think she said a curse word herself.

The penalty that came had been taken by me, anger boiling in my veins.

"Slytherin heading for the goal- ah... Montage scores... ninety- twenty Gryffindor..

I caught the Quaffle immediately after and sped down the pitch. All around me the Slytherin team flew ahead, as if they intended to block me from reaching the goalposts.

Fourtunaley, I didn't need to come up with a solution because Harry sped through the line of Slytherins, his head bent low, making them scatter, and leaving me to bring the score to hundred- twenty.

As I began to tail after Montage, who had the Quaffle in hand, I heard a loud "YES!"

I whirled around and saw Harry holding the Snitch in hand, high in the air.

I cheered loudly and flew to where all of Gryffindor was pouring into the feild.

Fred was yelling at the top of his lungs, Angelina and Mazzy were chanting "we've won the cup!" And I've never seen Wood look so happy.

"Giselle!" George cried. "We won!"

George was smiling wider than I'd ever seen him smile.

"Yes we did," I said, him wrapping his arms around me.

Tonight we'd be celebrating like there was no tomorrow.