Fifty seven

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐍𝐅

I thought it might be a good day. The Slytherins hadn't teased me as much, and George was smiling at me now; that was an improvement, that was...

Until Hermione slapped a copy of the Daily Prophet on my toast one morning, and ruined my bloody day because of what Rita had written.

To be honest with you, I didn't read it right away. And I didn't have to— because of how much bullshit I would be in. I swear any article Rita Skeeter writes is worthy of being loo paper. So besides the point, I knew it was going to be total garbage when I saw it.

"Well," Cedric said when I handed it to him at lunch while we were in Flitwick's Classroom so we could read it aloud. "At least they picked a... well... it is rather nice..."

"That's the most god awful picture they could've picked," I moaned, rubbing my temples. "I was almost to the point of tears!"

"Er— no I insist you look pretty," Cedric said. I raised an eyebrow.

"You can complement me, dummy! I deserve it, after all."

"Sounds good," He said blankly, making me laugh and roll my eyes.

"Just get it over with," I sighed, putting my head down on the desk.

Cedric cleared his throat and began to read the article. It was really about my interview in that horrid broom closet so I suppose it not having insight on my panic attack was a rather good thing but nevertheless it was horrendous beyond belief.

"...'I suppose I get my strength from my parents. I know they'd be very proud of me if they could see me now...Yes, sometimes at night I still cry about them, and I'm not ashamed to admit it... I know nothing will hurt me during the tournament because my Mum's watching over me.'

'Giselle's close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Giselle is rarely seen out of the company of Cedric Diggory, a very attractive boy, who is one of the top students in the school. Giselle seems to have taken quite an interest in Cedric, who had become one of her closest friends. Reporters witnessed him hugging her and leading her away from the cameras after she had a panic attack during a photo shoot. It seems Giselles has found her love at Hogwarts long last...'"

Cedric burst out laughing, and I threw my hands up in the air.

"Since when is Colin my best friend!" I shrieked. "And since when do I like you?!"

He hissed and out a hand to his chest "Ouch, Zell. But seriously, just ignore her."

"That's not gonna be easy," I mumbled in annoyance.

"When has your life ever been easy? I mean, really?" Cedric said, making me squint at him.

"It hasn't been."

"Exactly."

Let me just say that trying to actually ignore the comments everyone made AFTER the article came out was harder than ignoring the comments about me supposedly entering the bloody tournament.

It seemed that those who hadn't been interested were talking more about it— how Giselle Black had put her name in the Goblet of Fire and instantly regretted it and how she and Cedric Diggory were dating.

Absurd.

But me and Cedric made the best of it.

The Gryffindors attempted to be supportive the day the article came out. Isa stood up on the couch in the Gryffindor Common Room and screamed that anyone who believed the things Rita Skeeter wrote would get a not-so-friendly visit from her.