Seventeen

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐬

You'll be fine before him, and you'll be fine after him.

I had to tell myself these things every day from the immense feeling of pain that I was getting from breaking up with Wyatt. The hateful things he'd Owl me were crossing my line, and I just needed to block my thoughts out. So to distract myself I read letters from the twins.

Dear Zell, we have some great pranks for this year. If you and Izzy wouldn't be und helping us finalise the details, that would be perfect! Did you see the newspaper? Egypt really is cool, and it's given me a lot of thinking time. Mum says me and Georgie are allowed to date now, so I was wondering if you could help set me up with Hailey. We can talk more when I see you at Diagonal Alley, but I'd like it to be something special. I don't really tust you with this, but that's okay. Your favorite twin, Freddie.

Missing you loads, hope you've been okay. I'm excited to see you again because we've got some pranks that'll knock Merlin's bloody socks off! Lots of love, George.

I felt my feeling grow for him rapidly, and I felt like an idiot. Every time I saw George smile, I would smile. Whenever he laughed, I'd get weak in the knees and pretend to feel sick. It was insane, Anne despite all this, I still didn't believe George fancied me.

I yawned, outrun the letters aside and flicking off the light.

"Hey, Mary."

"Zell! You're up!" She walked closer to me, and began to whisper in my ear, nudging her head to Hayley, who was sobbing on the couch. "I love that kid, and I understand that she just went through a break up, but she's driving me insane."

I smiled and finished hanging off my hair. "Do you mind if I go for a run? It'll wake me up in I'll be ready to talk to Uncle Remus about his day at the Ministry."

"Not at all, but be safe, alright?"

I clinched my jar, nothing, knowing what she was talking about.

Apparently, massmurderer had escaped Azkaban and was on the loose. I had asked numerous times to it was, but my uncle would never tell me.

I ran out of the house, growing my jacket, and began running laps around an abandoned playground. About 30 minutes later, I was heading back home when I saw a large black dog because her out of the bushes next to my house.

He stared at me, curiously, and I stood back in wonder. He looks so familiar...

"Dad?"

My voice was horse, and full of pain. His tail began to work and I inhaled sharply.

Then I realised.

"You lied!" I yelled, bursting in through the door, and slamming my jacket down on the floor, my lip, trembling. "Why wouldn't you tell me?!"

My uncle throws from the barstool, he was sitting on, and stammered. "Giselle, I didn't want you to get hurt—"

"Don't you think I've already been hurt? I WANTED— no, I NEEDED to know, if my father was alive! I needed to know where he was!" I screamed, gasping.

"I know!" my uncle yelled. "You don't think I lost someone to?! I lost my BEST FRIEND!"

I scoffed. "Yeah, it hurts, doesn't it? Always been the one to wait for something that doesn't ever happen, THAT, NO ONE WILL TELL YOU ABOUT, EVEN IF YOU WERE CLOSE TO HIM—"

"That's ENOUGH!"

Me and my uncle, stop screaming into each others faces, breathing heavily as Mary looked back and forth between both of us.

I shook with rage and stormed up to my room, slamming the door shut and sinking to the floor.