Eleven

𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐟 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡

Christmas morning came, cold and white. Me, Isa, and Katie, who were the only ones left in our dormitory, were woken up at the crack of dawn by the twins outside of our door contemplating on how to get in. Once they finally figured out a way, I groaned and threw my pillow at George, who had pulled my blankets off my bed.

"Happy Christmas!" Fred yelled, setting down like sod presents and tugging at my leg. George opened up the curtains, letting a blast of quite light in, making me close my eyes shut tightly and groan as I stumbled to the bathroom to drag on some clothes on.

We laughed and played Exploding Snap, opening presents until everyone left to go get breakfast, until it was just me and George.

"Wait— hang back for a moment," he sad as I approached the door.

I turned around to look at him. "Yeah?"

I came toward him and sat down next to him. "What's up?"

"I just had one last present to give you," he said, pulling out a little box.

I smiled, taking it from him and slowly untying the ribbon the the top.

Once I had accomplished that, I popped the lid off and saw what was inside.

It as a little necklace with a replica of George's wand on it, except it was small.

I smiled brightly as I traced the abgrabende on the necklace and gasped. "George, it's beautiful!" I said, throwing my arms around him.

I drew them back and turned around so my back faced him, pulling my hair over my shoulder and urging him to put the necklace on me.

As he did, he chuckled, and the tips of his fingers touched my back, awaking goosebumps. I turned a light pink and turned back around to face him, and noticed the mistletoe has grown above us. I pretended not to see it, and George laughed.

"What?" I asked quickly.

"You just broke the law," he said. "People are supposed to kiss under the mistletoe."

"I'm sick," I lied. "That overrides the law. I don't want you dying in my arms after a kiss."

"Hmm," George mumbled, cocking an eyebrow.

"Hmm," I mocked, getting up and leaving the room before I did something utterly stupid— like kissing him.

Hermione rushed past, fully dressed. She stopped when she saw me, and I yawned a "Merry Christmas" as dud George's before she launched into explanation.

"I've been up for nearly an hour, adding more Lacewings to the potion," she said. "It's ready."

"Positive," Hermione said, looking at both of us. "If we're going to do it, I say tonight."

—-

When dinner had ended, Hermione held up two plump chocolate cupcakes.

"I've got it all worked out," she said. "Fred, George, Zell— make sure Crabbe and Goyle find these— I've filled them with a sleeping draught. Once they're asleep, pull out a few of their hairs and stuff them in a broom closet."

We headed for a deserted corridor the goons would need to pass by on their way to the Slytherin Common Room. I placed the cupcakes on a banister and hid behind a large statue with the twins.

"How thick can you get?" George mumbled incredulously as Crabbe and Goyle stuffed the cakes in their mouths.

"Very," Fred whispered, making me quite literally snort.