FORTY FIVE

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐬

"Ouch! Giselle, no— go back, there's been some kind of mistake— tell George not to— OUCH! George, no, there's no room, go back quietly and tell Ron—"

"Maybe Harry can hear us, Dad, maybe he'll be able to let us out—"

We all hammered our fists on the board of the fireplace.

"Harry? Harry, can you hear us?"

"What is this?" Growled Harry's uncle from the other side of the fireplace. "What's going on!"

"They— they've tried to get here by Floo powder," Said Harry, sounding like he was trying not to laugh. "They can travel by fire— only you've blocked up in the fireplace— hang on—" He called through the boards. "Mr Weasley? Can you hear me?"

We all stopped hammering. Somebody inside the chimney said "Shh."

"Mr Weasley, it's Harry... the fireplace has been blocked up. You won't be able to get through here."

"Damn!" Said Mr Weasley's voice. "What on earth did they want to block the fireplace for?"

"They've got an electric fire," Harry explained.

"Really?" Said Mr Weasley's voice excitedly. "Electric, you say? With a plug? Gracious, I must see that... let's think... ouch! Ron!"

My face was now squished against the wall, Ron's foot pressing on my head, George's face on my back.

Ron's voice now joined the fireplace.

"What are we doing here? Has something gone wrong?"

"Oh, no, Ron," Came Fred's voice very sarcastically. "No, this is exactly where we wanted to end up.

"Yea, we're having the time of our lives here," George's said, my voice sounding muffled.

"Boys boys," said Mr Weasley vaguely. "I What to do.... to think what to do...yes... only way... stand back, Harry, if you're there."

"Wait a moment!" A voice bellowed at us. "What exactly are you going to—"

BANG.

The electric fire shot across the room, and we all toppled out, in a pile of rubble and chippings.

"That's better," Said Mr Weasley, brushing himself off. "You must be Harry's aunt and Uncle.

"Er—yes—sorry about that," Said Mr Weasley, lowering his hand. "It's all my fault. Didn't occur to me that we wouldn't be able to get through."

"Hello, Harry!" Said Mr Weasley brightly. "Got your trunk ready?"

"Yeah, it's upstairs," Harry said, grinning back.

"We'll get them," Me, Fred, and George said at once, winking to Harry.

We ran upstairs, grabbing their trunks, but I stopped the twins from going downstairs.

"Got the toffees ready?" I smirked.

"Yeah, here." George handed me six toffees. "Leave these to a trial. Don't make it suspicious, though."

We come down, holding Harrys trunk. We glanced around and spotted Dudley, and our faces cracked into evil grins.

"Alright," Mr Weasley said. "Better get cracking then. Incendio!" He shouted at the fireplace.

Me, Fred, And George purposely dropped three toffees near the fireplace. Mr Weasley dropped flop powder into the fireplace, making emerald green flames emerge.