Seven

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐡

"I often feel lonely. Misunderstood.

"Maybe this comes from too much alone time and quite frankly— too much self reflection. No one would like anyone is they spent as many hours as I go a day thinking about how much I've messed up.

"I read, study, and out great effort into trying to understand myself and fix things that I believe to be completely wrong with me.

"I need to take the pain away, Tom."

"Yes, I think it is time," Tom wrote back, making my heart beat faster. "Just do what I say."

I wrote back an agreement, and ink began to rip through the page.

"Do exactly this;" Tom wrote. "Before or during the feast, I need you to do down to the groundskeepers hut. Three petrified roosters will be waiting at the edge of the Forbidden Forest there, by the Black Lake. Hide those roosters in your trunk— where no one will find them. I want you to use one's blood and write this message very clearly on the wall: THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR BEWARE. Then, in the girls bathroom, the caretakers cat will be waiting for you— petrified. Hang her. You're one step closer to forgetting your pain."

I closed the diary shut and barged into the boys dormitory.

"Harry?" I asked, making the party they had going on stop, and Ron, Harry, Seamus, Neville, and Dean pop up.

"Zell?" He asked. "What are you doing in here?"

"Can I borrow your cloak?" I cocked an eyebrow.

He furrowed his. "Uh, yeah. Sure. It's in my trunk."

"Thank you," I mumbled, taking the cloak and throwing it over myself before running out of the common room, and onto the Hogwarts grounds.

I follow Thomas instructions, nearly spending to the black light, tripping over Harry's cloak possible times as I did so. And, soon enough, exactly is Tom had said, there were three chickens laid out, unmoving. I picked them up and hold them close to my chest, running back to the castle.

Once I reach the common room, I wrap the chickens in the cloak in nudge the door open, stuffing them in the bottom of my trunk.

Thankfully, the Halloween feast had already started, so no one was in the dormitories or common room. I took a chicken and cut it, making me gag. Why did I need to do this?

Part of me thought I was being manipulated into doing this, but the other part of my head just screamed to take the pain away. Distract it.

I ran down to the corridor by the great hall, and smeared the chicken blood on the wall, forming the words, Tom had told me to.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR BEWARE.

Out of breath, I pushed my hair out of my face, dragging my cheeks, down with my fingers. I ran down to the bathroom to get Mrs. Norris, and sure enough, like Tom had said, she was petrified.

I gagged in my mouth, looking at her, and picked her up by her tail, then held her away from my face, looking away, as I walk down the hall as fast as I could, hanging Mrs. Norris by the tail on the torch holder.

I breathe out of hush of air, running my hands are my hair.

Shit.

I didn't realized I had chicken blood all over my hands, and now it was on my face and in my hair.