Forty nine

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐲𝐬

Bill and Charlie came to Kings Cross Station to see us off. Percy, however, had to go to work, so he apologized profusely and left us as we rode in very uncomfortable Muggle Taxis.

"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think," Charlie said as he pulled Ginny and I into a hug.

"How come?" I asked, pulling away from the hug just as the train whistle blew.

"You'll see," Charlie said with an mischievous grin worthy of the twins. "Don't tell Percy I mentioned it. It's classified information, until such time as the Ministry decides to release it, after all."

"Yeah, I sorta wish I was back at Hogwarts this year," Bill said wistfully. "I might even get time off to watch a bit of it.."

"A bit of WHAT?" Ron asked.

The whistle blew again and Mrs Weasley urged onto the train.

I smiled and hugged Mrs Weasley one last time before hopping into the train with the twins.

"Mum can you tell us what Bill and Charlie are talking about?" Ron yelled.

"You'll find out this evening, I expect," She said. "It's going to be very exciting— mind you, I'm very glad they changed the rules—"

"What rules?" The twins asked.

"I'm sure Dumbledore will tell you... Now, behave, won't you? Fred? George? Giselle?"

"Of course," Fred said, making Mrs Weasley crack a small smile at his sarcasm.

I walked down the train, and was immediately shoved along the corridor by other students. The twins and I went to our usual compartment, where we found Lee, Isa, Mazzy, Andrew, and Hailey.

"I can't believe it's their last year," Isa whispered to me, looking at Andrew and Hailey. "I'm scared to be off without Andy..."

"I can't believe Oliver's gone," Mazzy groaned, making Isa look at her like she was insane. "I'm all alone ."

The compartment went silent as a sense of misery filled the room, until George cleared his throat.

"So," he said. "Who wants to play Wizard's Chess?"

——

"I only have two words to say to you," Dumbledore said. "Tuck in!"

"Hear hear!" Harry and Ron said happily.

I was sitting with them, Hermione, the twins, Isa, and Mazzy, George and Isa beside me.

"You're lucky there's a feast you know," Nearly Headless Nick said from the other side of me as I began to eat. "There was trouble in the kitchens earlier."

"Really?" I asked. "What happened?"

"Peeves," He sighed. "It was the usual argument— he wants to attend the feast, but is so uncivilized! He can't look at a plate of food without having the hedge to throw it— and he normally does. The Fat Friar wants to give him a chance, but the Bloody Baron put his foot down."

"Well what did Peeves do?" Isa asked. "I swear he gets more reckless every year..."

"Naturally," Nick said. "Pure mayhem— as I remember you three where— pots and pans everywhere. Place swimming in soup. Terrified the house elf's out of their wits—"

Hermione knocked over her goblet, making Mazzy jump. Isa grabbed several napkins and threw them over the pool of juice.

"There are house elves HERE?" She asked incredulously. "In Hogwarts?"