Twenty five

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

My uncle wasn't there when we arrived for our Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson. We all gathered around, and he came in through the door.

"Good afternoon," he said. "Please put all your books in your bags. You will only need your wands."

We followed his orders, and then stood up.

"Right then, follow me."

We followed him out of the classroom. He led us along a deserted corridor and the first thing we saw was Peeves, who was floating upside down in midair and stuffing the nearest keyhole with chewing gum.

Peeves didn't stop until my uncle was right in front of him, and then broke out into song.

"Loony loopy Lupin," Peeves sang. "Loony loopy Lupin, loony loopy Lupin—"

My uncle was still smiling when we saw his reaction, and he held out his hand. "I would take that gum out of that keyhole if I were you, Peeves," he said pleasantly. "Me Filch won't be able to get into his brooms."

Peeves paid no mind, and instead blew a loud raspberry.

My uncle gave a loud sigh and took out his wand. "This is a useful spell," he said to us. "Please watch closely."

"Waddwasi!"

With the force of a billet, the gum shot out of the keyhole and straight into Peeves' nostril he whirled yo and zoomed away, cursing

"Cool, sir!" Mazzy said in amazement.

"Thank you, Mazzy," my uncle said. "Shall we proceed?"

We set off again and ended up in the staff room. Snape, just inside, billowed paar and left in a rush, hurrying out the door.

"Now, then," said my uncle, beckoning us closer to where an old wardrobe was. It gave a wobble, banging on the wall.

"Nothing to worry about. There's just a boggart in there. Bighearted like enclosed, dark spaces, like wardrobes, gaps beneath beds, cupboards, under sinks— even grandfather clocks.

"Sir the first question we have to ask ourselves is, what is a boggart?"

Isas hand shot up. "It's a shape shifter. It can take the shape of whatever we fear most."

My uncle nodded. "Couldn't of said it better myself. So, the boggart has not yet taken form. It will take the place of whatever we fear the most.

"This means that we have a huge advantage. Have you spotted it, Zell?"

I hesitated, blowing out a puff of air as Mazzy raised her hand. I was still kind of angry at him, and we hadn't spoken since the train, but despite that, I still answered.

"Erm— because there are so many of us it won't know what shape to take place in?"

"Precisely," my uncle said, beaming at me.

Surprised that I even heard the question, I smiled slightly. I was running on two hours of sleep, and so was George. I had been working on changing myself into an animagi with George for the past week. He looked at me sleepily, and I smiled.

"Mr Weasley?"

We both turned to the front of the room and George cleared his throat. "Uhm, sorry, sir, what?"

My uncle smiled. "I would like you to demonstrate for us."

George raised his eyebrows and paused. "Yeah. What spell do you say again?"