Twenty seven

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐒𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐊𝐚𝐲𝐬

"The teachers need to conduct a very thorough search of the castle," Dumbledore announced. "I'm afraid that for your own safety, as some as you already know, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and the Head Boy and Girl Are in the charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately. Send word with one of the ghosts." He looked around and nodded. "Oh, yes, you will be needing these..."

He flicked his wand and the four long tables disappeared, purple sleeping bags appearing in their place.

"C'mon Zell, I have the perfect spot for us," Jacob said, grabbing my hand and leading me over to his friend group.

I smiled when I saw Mazzy, and I began to get comfortable in a sleeping bag next to Jacob.

"No sleeping together," Jacob's friend Benny cooed as we sat down.

I didn't as much as glance at George, even though he tried to get my attention.

"I saw what he did," Jacob said, making me turn to look at him. "That wasn't right."

"It wasn't his fault," I sighed as Jacob caressed my hand. "This year is just hard for me. He doesn't need to be up in my business."

"Everyone in their sleeping bags!" Percy called. "Coke on now, no talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

"Do you think your dad's s still in the castle?" Jacob asked, scooting his sleeping bag closer to mine.

"I doubt it."

"It was very lucky he picket tonight, though," Jacob said, thinking. "The one night we weren't in the Gryffindor tower... although, you were all alone in the dungeons. Even if he is your dad, he still could have hurt you on accident, at least."

"Nah," I said, my lips curving into a smile as he leaned in. "I'm Giselle bloody Black. Tough as nails."

He smiled against the kiss and pulled away, brushing the hair out of my face.

"Lights are out now!" Percy called. "I want everyone in their sleeping bags, and no more talking!"

All the candles went out, but the voices merely dropped to a whisper. The ghosts drifting around and the enchanted ceiling were the only sources of Pugh? And the only other sound was the soft breeze from outside.

"Zell?" Jacob asked in a low whisper.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Do you think you'll ever forgive George?"

"Of course I will. I just need a little time. He is my best friend after all."

Jacob smiled and wrapped his arms around me, and I slept into his warm embrace.

A/N: sorry for the short next few chapters! I'm on the trip right now, so I won't be updating as much. Sorry!