Nineteen

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐣𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐤𝐨

"OI LEE!" Fred called, hands cut around his mouth as we got on the train.

Lee came out from our usual compartment, and ran over to us, throwing his arms around me, and Izzy, and nosy heads picked out, and I shushed them away. Once we have reached my uncles compartment, we are sat down. We looked at me, I slow down in my seat, but the only reason why I was sitting here was because Mrs Weasley wanted us to.

"Wonder what he teaches," I mumbled.

"Don't you know, Zell?" Ron asked, bewildered. "He's basically your dad—"

"No, he's not."

Ron cleared his throat. "Erm... we'll, he teaches Defense Against the Dark Arts. Mum told us."

"Well I hope he's up to it," Hermione said doubtfully. "He looks like a good hex could finish him off, doesn't he?"

A faint, tinny whistle was coming from somewhere. We all looked around the compartment.

"It's coming from your trunk, Harry," I said, standing up and reaching into the luggage rack. A moment later, I have pulled a pocket sneakoscope out from between Harry's robes. It was spinning very fast in the palm of my hand and glowing brightly.

"Is that a Sneakoscope?" Hermione asked, standing up for a better look.

"Yeah... mind you, it's a very cheap one," Ron said "It went haywire just as I was tying it to Erolls leg to send it to Harry."

"Were you doing anything untrustworthy at the time?"

"No! Well... I wasn't supposed to be using Eroll..."

"Stick it back in the trunk," Harry advised as the Sneakoscope whistled even more. "Or it'll wake him up."

I stuffed the scope into a pair of socks, which deadened the sound, and then I closed the lid of the trunk on it.

"We should get it checked in Hogsmeade," I said, sitting down next to George.

There was a few beats of silence until Hermione started fiddling with the straps of Crookshanks' basket.

"Don't let that thing out!" Ron said, but Crookshanks had already lept from the basket, and sprang onto Ron's knees. The lump in Ron's pocket trembled and he sieve Crookshanks angrily away. "Get out of here!"

"Ron don't!"

Ron stopped as soon as my uncle stirred, but slept on. He wasn't very good company in my opinion, but he had his uses. Draco Malfoy, Gregory Goyle, and Vincent Crabbe flanked by the door.

"Well look who it is," said Malfoy in his usual lazy drawl. "Potty and the Weasels."

Crabbe and Goyle chuckled trollishly.

"Heard your father finally got his hands on some fold this summer, Weasley," said Malfoy. "Did your mother die of shock?"

Ron stood up so quickly that he knocked my uncles arm and he gave a small snort.

"Who's that?" Malfoy asked cautiously.

"New teacher," said Harry, getting to his feet. "What we're you saying, Malfoy?"

Malfoys eyes narrowed. "C'mon," he muttered, and all three disappeared.

The rain thickened as the train sped yet father north, and the windows were now solid, shimmering gray, which gradually darkened until the lanterns flickered with life around the corridors.

And then the train started to slow down.

"What?" Isa asked. "We can't possibly be there yet."

"Then why are we stopping?" I asked, getting up to check, making George grab my hand. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him in concern. "What's wro—"

He pulled me into his arms as luggage tell from the racks, making me gasp, and without warning, the lights went out. I grabbed George's hand out of impulse, and in return he clutched to it tightly, his thumb slightly rubbing the top of my hand.

"What is going ON?" Isa demanded.

"Isa, you stepped on me!" Hermione whined.

"Sorry," Isa muttered.

I readjusted myself, letting go of George's band. I felt myself calm down as he put his arm around me, holding my hand again with his other hand. Of course, I felt frogs in my stomach, but George was just trying to comfort me.

Isa peeked out of the window, and whispered. "Somethings wrong out there," she said. "I think people are coming aboard. This isn't right..."

The compartment door slid open, and three figures fell in.

"Ouch!" Fred hissed.

"Sorry!" The familiar boy r of Hailey said. "Andrew and Ginny are here too... ouch— sorry!"

"Hello Is," Andrew said.

I felt Ginny'sPenelope's body be lifted off my legs, and tucked them up ti sit with my legs crossed.

"Ginny, you must've broken my ankle," I whined.

"Shut up, Zell—"

Then she yelped as Dred yanked her into a seat.

"Do you know what's happening?" Hailey asked.

"No idea," Ron muttered.

Hailey had gone next to Ron to sit down, and she accidentally sat on Scanners, making her Yelp.

"Dammit Scabbers!" Ron hissed.

I felt the tat crawl in my lap and shoved him forward, hearing a groan of pain. "That hit me in the face!" Andrew groaned. "Here's your rat, Ron..."

"I'm going to ask eh driver what's going on," Hermione said, opening the compartment door. There's was a soft crackling noise, and we all went silent, making Hermione back up. My uncle seemed to have woken up, and flames from his wand lit the compartment.

"Stay where you are," he said. "It sounds like something's coming in. I'm going to—"

In the doorway, illuminated by my uncles silver fire in his hands, was a cloaked figure, as tall as the ceiling, looking straight at me.

I squeezed George's hand and he pulled me closer to him, and I heard him breathing heavily.

The hooded figure let out a hoarse, slow, ratting breath, and stuck its hand out. The compartment became incredibly and unbelievably cold, and I let out a slight cry as I felt my whole body to rigid. I felt my breath hitch in my chest, and it felt as though my heart was being torn out. I felt my eyes roll in the back of my head and gasped, feeling as though I was drowning. There were a few words that echoed in my mind.

"I'll love you forever, Giselle. I promise it's going to be okay. Let me go. I love you, darling."