SO BE IT

........

Ks was standing in front of a room, her heart pounding in her chest. She took a deep breath, trying to steady herself, and then entered the room.

Inside the room, Ammi, was anxiously waiting. As soon as she saw Ks approaching, she got up from the sofa and walked briskly towards Ks, and started storm of questions "Karishma beta, where is Hasu? You said she got bail and is coming home. Where is she? Her voice was laced with worry and desperation.

Ks exhaled shakily, her voice catching in her throat as she began, "Ammi... Wooo..."

"Bolo beta... Kaha hai Hasu... Woh officer Barbie Upadhyay, Hasu ko fasane ki koshish kar rahi thi..." Ammi's words tumbled out frantically, her eyes wide with terror for her daughter's safety.

Ks, eyes welling up with tears, said, "Am... Ammi... Please meri baat ko dhyaan se suniye... Has... Hasuu..."

Ammi looked at Ks, her eyes widening in alarm and dread, "Kya hua Hasu ko? Kaha hai woh?"

"Ammi, Hasu is being interrogated. Woh..."

But before Ks could finish her sentence, Ammi's voice rose in disbelief and anguish, "Interrogated? Hasu!!!!??? For what? She cannot do anything wrong, Karishma. She is being framed. I know my daughter. And u too know her very well "

As ks heard it, her frustration and sorrow boiling over, said loudly and with a tinge of anger, "Nahi, Ammi... Koi usko phansane ki koshish nahi kar raha... Hasu woh nahi hai jo woh dikh rahi hai..."

Ammi stared at Ks, her face contorted with a mix of confusion, fear, and disbelief. "Kya matlab, Karishma? What are you trying to say?"

Then Ks, uttered the words that shattered the fragile peace in the room, "Ammi, Hasu ek gangster hai. Woh das saal se Queen ke liye kaam karti hai aur usne naj......."

Thuddd

Even before she could complete
Ammi's hand flew and Without warning, her palm met Ks's cheek with a resounding slap, the sound echoing through the room. "How dare you accuse my daughter of such filthy things....howw.. dare u... Instead of helping her and standing with her u are believing such lies.... You're supposed to be her friend, her sister!" she screamed, her voice breaking with anguish and anger.

My daughter treated u like a sister and u .... This is how u repay??

Ks simply stood there with moist eyes, her cheek stinging from the force of the slap.
Ammi's hands trembled as she pointed a finger at Ks, her voice quivering with raw emotion. "You were Hasu's confidante, her friend. How could you believe such malicious lies about her? How could you accuse her of something so heinous....."

Ammi's gaze turned from disbelief to a fierce determination. "I won't let you destroy my daughter's reputation. She's innocent, and I will fight for her until my last breath.

As the heavy silence settled in the room after Ammi's words, the door creaked open, revealing a heartbreaking sight. Two officers struggled to hold Hasu upright.
Her once-white T-shirt, now stained with dirt and blood, clung to her body, revealing innumerable whip marks that crisscrossed her skin . Her face bore the brunt of the brutality she had faced, it was swollen, with multiple injuries. Deep bruises colored her cheeks and eyes, and dried blood clung to her split lip, evidence of the relentless abuse she had suffered. Her arms, now handcuffed n hung limply.

Ammi's heart shattered into a zillion pieces as she looked at her daughter.
she immediately rushed to her daughter's side, "has...hasuu" she
uttered with trembling lips, and enveloped her daughter in her embrace. As she could clearly see it on her daughter's face , how badly she wanted to hug her and how much she was yearning for her warmth.