chapter 30

The girls decided they would go the party to scope out what was going on. Despite them knowing they may just fall into the Dazzlings trap, they wanted to figure out what they had planned, and also it was likely they didn't want to be left out either, considering all the bands were going. They decided to get ready together, sharing the items of clothing they had packed for the sleepover as well as consentingly raiding Pinkie's wardrobe to make up casual party outfits. Without any desire to wear an intricate outfit, Applejack and Rainbow Dash wore similar outfits, AJ wearing a white tank top, RD a black one, both wearing longer pants and some form of shirt over the top that they let one shoulder be exposed from as the loose fabric sagged across their frame. Applejack's dark red plaid contrasted Rainbow's muted blue overlay, both having buttons cascading down the edge. Being exceptionally comfortable around each other, except for Twilight and Fluttershy who went to a different room, the girls chose their own corners and pulled off their current attire which was predominately their pyjamas as not many felt the need to change until now, willingly exposing their undergarments, and rapidly swapped their comfortable clothing for something tighter. 

Rainbow was quick with her changing and specifically chose a spot next to AJ, even though they were facing away from each other, her peripherals were strong and she could sneakily catch glances of her toned upper body, making her cheeks flush the same way they did the night before. Little did she know that AJ was specifically taking longer to strip and redress than Dash, knowing she'd probably try to look. Teasing her with her posture, she removed her clothes in ways that made her biceps look more muscular and abs more defined, and there was no way for her to tell, but her aims were achieved. After Dash finished perving on the girl and everyone had announced that they finished changing, they all turned around to converse about how they were to approach the party after some compliments to the outfits they managed to pull together from minimal options. With Twilight and Fluttershy rejoining the group in their new attire, they participated in the conversation, telling each other to be 'wary of this,' and 'look out for that.'

Once it was time to go, they left Pinkie's and made their way to where Spitfire identified the location of her party. As they walked out of Pinkie's room, leaving their sleepover belongings to pick up once the party was over, AJ stayed behind for a second to quickly neaten her pile of clothes and items from her bag spread everywhere. Dash identifying the girl's lag, took the opportunity and waited for her, the other not realising her presence. As Applejack stood to follow the rest after smooshing her belongings into a tighter pile, she turned to see Dash waiting by the door, catching her off guard. 

"Go on Dash," She commented, motioning towards the exit in a way of indicating that she should have followed the others by now. Obeying her instructions she changed her weight from leaning against the doorframe and stepped out of Pinkie's room before letting a compliment slide, "You look hot AJ," which she then followed by hustling out to the living room before hearing the flustered girls reply. 

Applejack sped after her in an attempt to counter her statement, feeling somewhat confused and flattered, her attraction towards Rainbow very much prevalent. She was able to grab the escaping girl's arm in the hallway, around the corner of her friends about to leave the house so they could not see them and made a spur-of-the-moment choice. It was stupid and reckless and was probably going to trouble the two of them afterwards but she did it anyway in a desperate attempt to get her back for whatever game the two of them seemed to involve each other in recently.

She pressed Rainbow into the wall, the hand that grabbed her wrist leading the movement with it pinned above the girl and finding its way to her palm in a half-hand hold. Upon seeing no resistance from Rainbow and just pure shock and surprise from the other who felt like she was melting beneath AJ's gaze, she raised her other hand and lifted Rainbow's chin up and to one side so Applejack could get closer to whisper in her ear. "You think I'm hot now? Imagine when you take the clothes off." 

Getting the reaction she expected, Rainbow took in a shaking breath as she could feel a growing heat in her body from her cheeks to other areas, Applejack decided to push it further and lowered her head from Dash's ear to her neck, beginning to kiss along her side the same way she did the night before, evoking soft breathy vocals from the individual. Rainbow was fully immersed in what was happening yet a rising alarm in her mind shook her back to their current scenario, how their friends were probably waiting for them and would come looking if they didn't show up soon. "AJ we got to go." Dash whispered breathlessly to the girl as she weakly tried to escape her grasp. Applejack stopped her migration down Rainbow's neck and slowly straightened, "I'll stop if you really want that," she said in a low voice, only getting under Dash's skin more. 

"We both know I don't, but they're waiting," Rainbow replied with a huff, annoyed at how she had to put a stop to the excitement. Like flipping a switch in her, Applejack smiled and grabbed Dash's hand to lead her to the door where the girls were waiting as if she hadn't willingly violated the girl just a few moments ago. 

"Alright let's go!" Pinkie exclaimed, unlocking her door and letting everyone through first before closing it behind her, and shoving her house keys into her pocket. As they began to walk to their destination, Rainbow strode beside AJ in silence before Rarity swooped in, motives clear, and began to speak to AJ about how she was feeling about the party. Dash listened passively and quietly as she pondered what she wanted out of this situation with Applejack and whether AJ really wanted her or Rarity. The difficulty that came with forgiving her for that jackass move was beginning to seem easier now that she's gotten a considerate amount of attention compared to Rare. Maybe she could forgive AJ and they could be together if she's truthful in her words. 

'I just hope we don't hurt Rarity.' She thought.