ONESHOT AU: Roomates

HISTORIANS WILL CALL THEM CLOSEFRIENDS BESTIES ROOMATES COLLEAGUES ANYTHING BUT LOVERS HISTORUY HATES LOVERS 

anyway i love this trope so much, and use my uNiqUe attempt at drawing clothes (theyre so hot im dying) above as reference for how they may dress in this modern au.

this chap is mainly here cause im still tryna figure out where the main story is gonna go so instead of making u wait without ur daily appledash content, here u go

i lowkey dont like this chap but i hope u do LMAOAOAO

-----------

"I'm back!" Applejack out called to the small apartment as she finally returned from the public gym and expecting to hear her two roommates voices shout a greeting back. Instead only one other individual chirped up and emerged from their bedroom. 

"Hey, how was the workout?" Rarity asked as she joined the girl in the living room that was connected to their kitchen, her attention somewhat divided as she was furiously typing away at something on her phone. 

"Pretty good, there were these jerk teenage boys there that were fucking with the machines but once they got yelled at by security, it was a leisurely exercise day," she responded as she swung her gym duffel onto the island bench in their kitchen where they also ate all their meals. 

"That's great darling, glad it was a good day," Rarity commented half heartedly, only looking up from her phone for a second to smile at her, somewhat apologetically for her lack of eyecontact, before going back to hitting the keyboard. AJ could tell by her quick thumb movements and furrowed brows she usually avoided due to crease lines, that she was having another argument with her boyfriend who Applejack despised. Since that dude had entered her best friends life, he had been causing her internal havoc ever since they moved past the 6 month honeymoon phase. With his princely perfect blonde hair and blue eyes, he easily caught her attention, and her natural beauty also dazzled him, idealistically making them the perfect couple. Yet despite their similar lifestyles, going out to uni parties, clubbing until the AM, occasionally borrowing their mates e-cigarettes, she tended to find herself having to constantly remind him that flirting with other girls still falls under the category of cheating. Applejack and their other roommate constantly highlight to her what a dick he is, AJ's only interaction with him was when he accidentally knocked into her when being an idiot in the courtyard with his friends, but Rarity was set on changing him. 

"Everything okay?" AJ questioned politely, preparing herself for the next update of drama in their relationship as she unzipped the bag and began to take out some items to spread across the table. Almost empty water bottle, a downed strawberry protein shake, small hairbrush, and a slightly damp towel. 

"He stayed over at another girls house last night," she quickly told her, looking up at her friend sheepishly seemingly understanding how bad the scenario was yet still was persisting with him being her partner. 

"Rarity..." Applejack said her name in a knowing tone, a slight scold to it. 

"I know I know...but not like you're completely ignoring the red flags either," Rarity ricocheted the telling off, sliding the double standards infront of her on a silver platter while taking a break from typing, supposedly studying a long message he had just sent her.

Applejack was taken aback at first for the attack, feeling stupid for not understanding what she meant, "Excuse me? What in tarnation are you talking about Rare?"