ONESHOT AU: Bodyguard

in this au ladies and gentlecolts, rainbow is an illegal black market dealer. her main motives for doing so are money, keeping most for herself, but also giving a portion to orphanages as a way to give back to the people that looked after her before she was taken in by a family (rainbow is adopted in this au). she hired a bodyguard to make sure she stays unharmed, posing as a friend in public, but a guard during private dealings. yet her current hire...offers her a bit more than protection... 👀 👀

use the photo above as reference again. LMAO not me using the same photo and just drawing over it. also dash can have long hair if u want, its up to interpretation, just to reference to for fun if u want. 

sound good? aight lessgo

---------------

"Please watch your step ma'am."

"Come on AJ, you know you can use my name when it's just the two of us." 

"When I open this door it won't be just the two of us."

"Well, I'll make sure it is tonight."

-/-

Recently, the renowned black market trader among the sketchy millionaires of Equestria had come across an irrefutable opportunity, a shipment of high value artwork had come in from New Mexicolt which the dealer and her team, going by the alter ego 'Rain', couldn't pass up. Following through her usual process that ended in successes, the mastermind behind the whole operation managed to obtain the high quality pieces that were replaced by hardly recognisable duplicates worth 50 dollars at most. As her last negotiation did not end well, refusing to give the man an item of jewellery for a lower price despite how he claimed it was a treasure from his family history, she had made a few enemies. 

Yet it was nothing more than a few men to pick off that her bodyguard, she only addressed by the initials AJ who was a highly qualified and trained assassin, could handle. AJ was only type of individual she could depend on enough to handle her dirty work. And handle other types...of dirty work. Rain decided to keep the girl around, oddly finding herself enjoying the company in the lonely line of work she had chosen, no one could be trusted, and hence she had minimal friends, no relationships except for the meaningless hookup with random rich clients she took interest in. 

She had a meeting organised this evening with one of her best clients, the owner of a large tech company that specialised in AI development, SunTwi Enterprises, as the CEO, similar to her, had rich taste in decor. With the location being decided in collaboration with her guard, AJ making sure the blueprints were scouted so she could identify escape routes if things were to go sideways, they landed on booking out a private room at Celuna's Casino. The dresscode? Rich. Ironically, it was unlikely they were the only ones there meeting for the sake of exchange, hence, it was noticeable by Rain's guard who was and who wasn't being watched by the strong individuals dressed similarly to her. 

The clients name was Sunset Shimmer, a proud business women who shared the title of her company with her highest level executive Twilight Sparkle, an analytical women with an indepth understanding of all things technological. If Rain had to name the most powerful business partners she knew, it would be them. Sunset was interested in a landscape piece titled in french as 'Le Jardin D'ambre', understanding its potential to be worth up to $80 million, yet knowing Rain as the best in the artistic market, she was aware she could secure it as her own for a much discounted $45 million. 

So, the meeting would begin.

-/-

"Hey, what's up Rain?" A familiar confident voice rang across the finely decorated private room, the dealers eyes meeting the usual yellow and red streaked hair of her favourite customer.