𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"My lord, it is physical weakness coupled with excessive fright that led to him fainting. I have given him acupuncture and prescribed another dose of medicine for him to take so that he can rest well," said the doctor.

Xiao Zhan nodded and ordered Housekeeper Qin to follow him and retrieve the medicine. After sending the doctor away, he faced Gao Tan's resentful eyes and smiled awkwardly: "You may not know that, with how critical the situation was at the time, he might have been assassinated by the enemy first if I didn't take him with me."

Gao Tan's expression was still aggrieved.

"Really, you have to trust me, I want to protect your master." Xiao Zhan moved towards the bed while talking and looked down at the weak person lying on the bed, his eyes closed tightly and his face pale. Gritting his teeth, he turned and walked out. "I'm going to kill that old hen to make soup for him!"

The sound of footsteps got farther and farther away. Wang Yibo's eyelashes trembled twice and he slowly opened his eyes, looking around. After confirming that he was in the house and not in the underworld, he propped himself up on the bed and prepared to sit up.

"My lord, you're awake." Gao Tan quickly stepped forward to help him up and handed him a cup of hot water.

Wang Yibo took two sips and asked softly, "How did I get back?"

"The General......" Gao Tan recalled the scene at that time, and immediately changed his words. "I brought you back."

Wang Yibo didn't want to imagine that scene at all, and asked again, "Where are those men in black?"

"Caught by the General and several lieutenants who rushed over later, but as soon as they were caught, they committed suicide immediately without leaving any identifying information.," Gao Tan said.

"En."

Since the Gold Collar Guards were dead soldiers, they were ready to die at any time. No matter the reason for being caught, they must kill themselves immediately and not let others find out any information.

Wang Yibo nodded and then looked toward the door: "Where is Xiao Zhan?"

"The General is going to butcher a chicken to make soup for you."

Wang Yibo coughed and pushed him hastily: "Quick, go and stop him."

"What's wrong?" Gao Tan asked nervously.

"I want white chicken noodles with shark's fin, barbecued suckling pig, hibiscus jelly in clear soup and drunken prawns, not chicken soup."

Wang Yibo recited the names of several dishes in one breath. Since he had come to the General's Mansion, he was getting tired of the chicken and fish from the courtyard every day.

Wasn't living in this world just for the sake of the desires of the tongue? What's more, his household was wealthy and powerful, so he couldn't bear this grievance.

Gao Tan immediately ran to find Xiao Zhan. The man had already slaughtered a chicken, and when he heard that Wang Yibo was going to change the menu, he couldn't care less about washing up, so he came to the bedroom and asked: "Do you not understand the concept of going easy on the stomach when you're ill?"

Wang Yibo saw the blood on his hands and sleeves and he still smelled like chicken. He instinctively covered half of his face with the blanket and glared: "You stand over there! Don't come near me!"

Xiao Zhan glanced down and put his hands behind his back, but seeing his half-covered appearance, he felt it was extra fresh and cute, so he couldn't help approaching to say: "It's going to be dark soon, where can I find so many fresh ingredients for you? How about eating lightly for these two days and having a big meal another day?"