𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊

The painted boat continued to move forward, stirring the water and Xiao Zhan's heartstrings. He had thought he had a heart like an old dog, accustomed to life and death, and would not easily encounter surprises.

However, the exhaustion and worry of the past few days had disturbed his sleep and appetite, and due to the delay in news, he had fallen into endless loss. But when he heard the other party say these words in person, he seemed to have won a battle he had never fought before, and his heart was so impassioned that it was as if tens of thousands of horses were galloping wildly through it with the drums of war shaking the sky, almost breaking through.

But after all, he was no teenage boy. He suppressed the intensity of his expression, hugged him into his arms, and took a deep breath. Inwardly going wild with unscrupulous laughter, he pretended to be calm and steady and said: "Good, my heart is like yours. Whoever breaks the promise will be the other's grandson."

The corners of Wang Yibo's mouth twitched slightly. He slowly lowered his eyelashes, looking at those broad shoulders, and a trace of hesitation flashed in his heart –

Would he really not regret this decision?

He had no experience with being close to people, and had never thought that he would spend the rest of his life with someone, let alone an exasperating man.

At this time, he should have gone to the Western Regions, the Southern Border, or Dongpu. The world was so big, and there would always be a place for him. He could escape from the treacherous waves of the court, get rid of the name Wang Yibo, and simply change his surname. He could wander around, with plentiful money to spend on leisure and wine, wanton and unrestrained until the end of life.

But......on the third day after Xiao Zhan left, the day he planned to fake his death, he got up early in the morning and coughed profusely, his face pale. This was just to pave the way for his death due to illness.

He took out the pill and placed it on the table, trying to recall anything he might have missed, as if this could slow down the passage of time. Then he remembered the account books that Xiao Zhan gave him before leaving.

In any case, he was not in a hurry, so he took out those account books and handed them to Housekeeper Qin: "Leave these to the accountant, I can't handle them."

Housekeeper Qin did not doubt him, but asked him to wait for a moment, as the General had something for him.

He waited doubtfully for a while, and Housekeeper Qin handed him a letter, saying: "Before the General left, he specifically said that if my lord didn't want to take care of the accounts and returned the ledgers to me, I should give you this letter."

Wang Yibo took the letter in surprise. It was whole and like new, and he opened it curiously as he walked slowly back to the bedroom –

Yibo, in fact, I really don't want you to read this letter. It means that you've made up your mind to leave, doesn't it? After careful calculation, we have only been together for three or four months, but you have more than twenty years behind you. So if you really want to rid yourself of the past, and I have no grounds to force you to stay, then I wish you all the best for the rest of your life.

It seems that I really can't get rid of the name 'evil star,' and that all the people I want to cherish will leave me for various reasons. Is there really destiny in this world?

Originally, I wanted to play tricks so that you would covet some of my property and I could keep you, but it seems that this plan has failed. I know you despise what little property I have, but it represents my good intentions. I am not like you, who wants the best and most expensive of everything, and there won't be any reason for me to spend it in the future, so you should just use it.