𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔

Xiao Zhan had never fought such a failure of a battle!

It was late at night, and the surroundings were completely silent, but Xiao Zhan didn't feel sleepy. He sat and pondered it for a long time, but received no answer.

And the person with him was already fast asleep after many days of difficult travel. Listening to his even breathing, Xiao Zhan caressed his cheek in the dark. Wang Yibo's sweating and panting appearance took shape in his mind. It was obvious that a certain place was scorching hot again, and he obviously still had inexhaustible energy, so what was going on?

The General was worried, ah, so worried that he didn't fall asleep all night. He worried when the rooster crowed and then got up lightly and went to court, where he was so worried that he frowned in the court hall.

Seeing him like this, the civil and military officials and the Emperor took turns praising him for his performance in Jiangnan, but the results still did not improve. Everyone took it for granted that he was worried about the country and the people. Even though the disaster was over, the General was still so worried about the country and the people!

After court was concluded, Xiao Zhan was surrounded by officials scrambling to ask about the affairs in Jiangnan. He dealt with them one by one, and in the end only Kan Chuan was left standing by.

"Did the General encounter any danger during this trip?" Kan Chuan asked meaningfully.

Xiao Zhan knew that he was inquiring about Wang Yibo, and said: "The sun was so hot that I suffered heat stroke once, and I caught a cold after it rained again, but it is no longer a serious problem. Thank you, Kan-daren, for your concern."

Kan Chuan nodded, but noticed that he was sizing him up intentionally or otherwise, and asked: "What do you want to ask, General?"

Xiao Zhan looked away abruptly with an embarrassed cough. After organizing his words for a long time, he finally choked out a sentence: "Daring to ask if you and your wife......forget it, it's nothing. I heard you've been blessed with a daughter, congratulations, ah. It's a pity that I couldn't be there for the child's full moon wine. This is the golden lock brought back from Jiangnan just for the baby."

Xiao Zhan took out a small golden lock from his bosom. It was shaped like a little tiger, on account of it being the Year of the Tiger.

"Many thanks, General." Kan Chuan took it with a smile. He had no friendship with Xiao Zhan, so he naturally knew it was a gift from Wang Yibo. He solemnly placed it in his sleeve and cupped his hands, saying, "The General and my lord have worked hard these days. After you have rested, I will visit with my wife and daughter."

"Okay." Xiao Zhan walked to the gate of the palace with him before parting ways with him, and couldn't help but look at his frail back.

Tsk, the gentle and scholarly Kan Chuan had a child, so what was the use of his own muscles, ah? Ah?!

Thinking of this, Xiao Zhan once again fell into deep melancholy. He returned to the General's Mansion in a daze, and learned that Wang Yibo had already gone to the Imperial Academy.

The people in the Imperial Academy wore different expressions upon seeing Wang Yibo. Although they maintained their usual sense of distance, they glanced at him from time to time, wanting to speak but not daring to do so.

Until Ruan Xian came in and broke the deadlock. He walked quickly to Wang Yibo and said, pleased beyond expectations: "You've returned, how was it? Nothing happened on the trip to Jiangnan, right?"

"It was fine," Wang Yibo answered.

"You worried us to death! You don't even know that when we heard there was a drought, we were all anxious to death, trying to find ways to alleviate the disaster every day. But fortunately you came back safe and sound, and rescued so many people," Ruan Xian said rejoicefully.