𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝

The object of everyone's curiosity and inquiry finally appeared by the gate, followed by eight attendants. The leader was a young man who looked at the people present with a blank and indifferent expression.

"You are Wang-daren?" Magistrate Yin stepped forward and asked, "I wonder if Wang-daren has a token?"

The man arrogantly handed the token to him, and the group hurriedly gathered together to verify the authenticity. But that person looked at Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan covertly, with a trace of eagerness in his eyes.

With a smile at the corners of his mouth, Xiao Zhan nodded at him.

Li Yucheng opened his mouth wide, staring at the so-called "Wang-daren." Wasn't he the little servant next to Wang Yibo?

"It really is Wang-daren, this is the Imperial envoy token." After speaking, Magistrate Yin hurriedly led the group of people to salute. "We didn't know Wang-daren was visiting today, and failed to welcome you. Please take a seat inside."

Gao Tan nodded. Walking into the lobby, he cleared his throat and said pompously: "The others are excused. I only came to inform you that I was ordered to investigate this matter. You just need to cooperate with me."

"Naturally, I don't know which matter Wang-daren came to investigate? Is it related to the governor?" Magistrate Yin asked.

Gao Tan waved his hand, signaling him not to ask again: "You only need to follow orders, and I will make arrangements myself. It is getting late, I'll go back to the inn to rest. Where is your best inn?"

"General Xiao is staying at that inn," Magistrate Yin said.

Only then did Gao Tan look at Xiao Zhan openly, but he didn't step forward.

Magistrate Yin observed the expressions of these two people. They were not close at all, and he could tell at a glance that their relationship was not good. But even so, how could someone as proud as Wang-daren allow Xiao Zhan to cheat behind his back?

"Why don't I send my lord and the General back together?" Magistrate Yin's eyes darted as he led the way.

These people also followed, and when they arrived at the inn, Magistrate Yin asked Gao Tan if he needed an extra room or if he would be residing with Xiao Zhan.

Gao Tan naturally wanted to live separately!

Magistrate Yin immediately understood that these two people had their own separate lives, so he smiled and asked for another upper room for him, both on the third floor. He deliberately stayed and waited for the others to go back to their rooms before starting to talk to Wang-daren.

"Wang-daren has worked hard on his journey, rest well tonight and be energetic tomorrow," Magistrate Yin said.

Gao Tan nodded indifferently.

"General Xiao has been in Jiangnan for some time, is my lord aware?"

Gao Tan nodded indifferently.

"Then there is that Fu Qian-gongzi who claims to be the most beautiful man in the capital, is my lord aware?" Magistrate Yin hinted a bit.

Gao Tan nodded indifferently.

"The General has a very close relationship with that Fu-gongzi, is my lord aware?"

Gao Tan nodded indifferently, then shook his head vigorously: "Fu Qian?"

"Exactly." Magistrate Yin was secretly delighted, and promptly began to lament, "My lord, you don't know that General Xiao and this Fu Qian are actually having an affair!"

"An affair?" Gao Tan was at a loss.

"Yes, behind your back, it's true!"

Gao Tan was shocked: "Where is Fu Qian? I'm going to beat him to death!"