𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔

The atmosphere was a little ambiguous.

The two looked at each other for a long time before Xiao Zhan broke the silence first, saying with a little surprise: "Unexpectedly, a dignified fellow like you also secretly keeps these kinds of books."

Wang Yibo was indignant: "What nonsense are you speaking, why would I hide this away? The way I see it, you clearly have evil intentions and prepared this dirty picture book! Get your things and get out!"

Wronged, Xiao Zhan said: "If you didn't hide it away, nor did I prepare it, then where did this thing come from?"

Wang Yibo looked at him suspiciously, then had second thoughts and said, "Call Housekeeper Qin over here."

After a while, Housekeeper Qin walked into the room with a puzzled expression: "My lord, are you looking for me?"

"Where did this thing come from?!" Wang Yibo threw the picture book in front of him.

Housekeeper Qin picked it up and replied: "I prepared it."

The two looked at each other, and Xiao Zhan saw that Wang Yibo was about to blow up, so he hurried to Housekeeper Qin, pretending to be angry, "Uncle Qin, I didn't tell you to do this. We don't need this thing, hurry up and throw it away, go, go!"

Housekeeper Qin was pushed out the door. He considered that the General was prideful and arrogant, obviously not getting the point, and was still unwilling to learn with an open mind. Thinking about it, he still didn't throw away the picture book. Anyway, the General would regret it sooner or later and come to him to take it back.

Although this matter was not related to Xiao Zhan, while he was lying on the ground, he was unable to sleep. The two people in the painting had left an indelible impression on him.

Ai.

"Wang Yibo, are you asleep?"

"Shut up! Don't disturb me when I'm sleeping!" Wang Yibo said angrily.

Xiao Zhan laughed. "How about we talk? Since you already know what I'm looking for, can you help me? This matter is of great importance, and it is old business, so it's a bit difficult to investigate. I have been on the frontier these years and have no influence in Beijing, no trusted colleagues. I need someone to help me."

This was Xiao Zhan's plan: To test whether Wang Yibo was the murderer first, and if not, to win him over.

No one was more suitable to be a "Military Advisor" than Wang Yibo.

The two had become a couple in name, bound together for good or ill. Because of the stakes involved, Wang Yibo would never let him take risks. Furthermore, Wang Yibo had a clever mind and had been immersed in officialdom for many years. He was proficient at scheming and knew every official well, so he couldn't be more suitable.

However, Wang Yibo ignored him.

Thinking about it, judging by Wang Yibo's nature, it was really not that easy to get him to agree. He asked: "What do you want? As long as I can afford it, I will give it to you."

"I want two elite teams," Wang Yibo responded immediately.

"For what?"

"To protect me."

Wang Yibo had completely separated the Gold Collar Guard from his camp, but with so many enemies, it was impossible to rely on Gao Tan alone when traveling, so he needed to recruit a new group of people.

But the people he recruited now may not be able to beat the Gold Collar Guard. Before Xiao Zhan had returned to the capital, he had wanted to recruit some people from the commander of the Imperial army. But the Imperial army had long since been crippled, a little three-legged cat showing off its power by virtue of its status. He didn't need these kinds of people.