𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞

Wang Yibo suffered from insomnia.

He had been unable to sleep for the past two days, but tonight was somewhat different. Before, he would close his eyes and think about it unconsciously, still hoping that he could fall asleep quickly.

But tonight, with his eyes open, he didn't think about anything. He simply emptied his mind and didn't want to fall asleep.

For some reason, he felt that Xiao Zhan was not asleep either.

But he didn't turn over to check. He was afraid that the other party would continue to talk to him. Intentionally or not, some words could confuse people's minds.

At dawn, he heard Xiao Zhan get up and leave the room lightly, and there were footsteps outside.

He sat up slowly, walked to the window, and watched Xiao Zhan and Zuo Ran lead the horses to the gate. After discussing the affairs of the mansion with Housekeeper Qin, he raised his head and suddenly looked toward the bedroom.

Wang Yibo was startled, and instinctively dodged aside. It wasn't until hoofbeats sounded outside the gate that he returned to the bed without looking back, closing his eyes tightly.

When he woke up again, it was already noon, and he took a three-day leave from the Imperial Academy on the grounds that he had contracted a cold. He put on the sweetgrass sachet again, rested at home, and coughed a few times now and then.

"Did my lord not drink the medicine? Why does the cold seem to be getting worse?" Housekeeper Qin said worriedly, and couldn't help but nag, "My lord, drink your medicine quickly, lest the General come back and see that you are still ill and punish us."

Wang Yibo poured the medicine in front of him, then locked himself in the room, feeling bored after a little while.

He was obviously used to being alone in the house in the past, but today it seemed to be particularly deserted.

As he walked around the mansion, the servants performed their duties and were busy in an orderly manner, but they didn't get together and secretly gossip about why the two masters were arguing again.

Even Xiao Gao was a little listless: "Why do I feel that even the chickens are quiet after the General left? My lord, when will the General come back, ah?"

"Miss him so soon?" Wang Yibo asked.

"En."

"Do you like him very much?"

"En, en."

In the afternoon, Wang Yibo received a letter from Xiao Zhan.

He opened it in surprise. The handwriting on it was a bit messy, and seemed that it had been written in haste. The letter stated that they had arrived at the first post station, so he wrote to report that they were safe.

In the evening, the second letter came again, from the second station.

After two days, Wang Yibo received a total of six letters, all of which were small things –

Yibo, we are now at the border of Longzhou, and it is raining heavily here. I wonder if it is raining in the capital? Remember to wear more layers, don't catch a cold.

Yibo, let me tell you a joke. A soldier went to piss at night and was kicked by a horse, haha! Zuo Ran also walked in on him, and she beat him up again, haha!

Yibo, what did you eat tonight? We could only eat some dry food on the road tonight, because the weather is hot and most of the food is rotten. In fact, I have long been used to this kind of life, but it may be that I have eaten too well in the capital in the past six months. I actually started to miss Mingji's steamed buns and Huichunlou's drunken shrimp. It's all thanks to you.