Chapter 9

Shadow woke up in the morning next to Jack, he groaned and sat up a bit waking Jack "where are you going?" Jack mumbled still half asleep "my room" Shadow mumbled as he rubbed his face, Jack smiled "you should take your mask off more" he said softly as Shadow got up "you have no interest in me do you?" Jack asked as he sat up a bit "nothing more then a friend" Shadow said as he walked to the door "why is that?" Jack asked, Shadow froze at the door for a second "the last person I loved died because of me" Shadow mumbled before he walked out and back to his room running into Jeff on the way "hello sexy, damn" Jeff said, Shadow shook his head and rubbed his eyes as he walked back to his room "what are you? no human has grey skin, are you like Jack?" Jeff asked as he followed only for Shadow to shut the door in his face.

Shadow walked downstairs a bit later in his biking gear with his helmet on "your not going anywhere until you eat" Slender called from the kitchen, Shadow ignored him and walked to the door but Slender grabbed him in one of his tendrils and pulled him along the floor and into the kitchen making ben, Toby and Sally giggle, Slender pulled Shadows helmet off and shoved the bottle in his mouth, Shadow huffed and moved so he was sitting against the cabinets as he drank from the bottle "Masky and Hoodie will be joining us this evening, so please be nice" Slender said "they shot me!" Shadow growled "and you broke Masky's nose so your even" Slender sighed as Shadow stood up and put his helmet back on "take one for the road" Slender said handing Shadow another bottle, he sighed and took it before he walked out and over to his bike, he put the bottle in a small bottle holder and sat on the bike putting his phone on the holder and connecting it to his helmet then turning his music on as Jeff walked out "hey, can I come with?" Jeff asked "no" Shadow said before he pulled away and headed to a small dirt track a few miles from the mansion, he drove around the track a few times getting faster as he went over the jumps and around the corners before he hit a small rock that threw him from the bike on one of the corners and sent him into a tree, Shadow groaned and coughed up a little of his black blood as he lay on the floor, he pulled his helmet off and put it next to him as he sat up and lent his head against the tree before he spat some blood out his mouth and a few blood like tears ran down his mask.

Shadow looked over as the f/c Lycian walked out from the bushes with its ears up, Shadow wiped his tears and put his helmet back on before he stood up, the Lycian walked over and sniffed Shadow "I'm fine" Shadow mumbled as he walked back over to his bike, the Lycian tilted its head and watched as Shadow looked over his bike and took the bottle out its holder, it walked over and sat down sniffing the bike then looked at Shadow with its head tilted, Shadow sighed and crouched down leaning on the bike that had a bent front wheel "what are you doing here?" Shadow asked turning his attention to the Lycian, it stood up and wagged its tail before it ran off then came back with an old looking ball "you want to play" Shadow smiled as it dropped the ball by his feet, Shadow picked up the ball and pulled his bike off the track before leaning it against a tree, Shadow threw the ball and it flew through the air at high speeds as the Lycian took off after it, Shadow sighed and sat down waiting for the Lycian.

it ran back a few minutes later and dropped the now slobber covered ball by Shadows feet "gross" Shadow mumbled as he picked the ball up and threw it again, the Lycian ran back a few minutes later and lay down by Shadow chewing on the ball "you got a name?" Shadow asked as he took his helmet off and drank from the bottle, the Lycian tilted its head and sniffed the bottle "I can read minds, so I can technically talk to you in this form" Shadow said, the Lycian tilted its head 'my names Y/n' it said in its head as it watched Shadow, he nodded "Y/n, I would have thought you'd be more of a Jason, maybe even a female" Shadow said as he finished the bottle, Y/n growled and huffed before nudging Shadow in the chest with his nose hard 'I am no female' he huffed laying his head on Shadows outstretched legs as he rubbed his chest 'what is your name?' Y/n asked as Shadow pet his head "Shadow" Shadow mumbled leaning his head against the tree again 'you live around here?' Y/n asked "yes, big mansion up that way" Shadow said looking over towards where the mansion was "you live out here?" Shadow asked 'yes, will you be back tomorrow?' Y/n asked as he stood up, Shadow shrugged "I'll probably be at the river or fixing my bike outside the house" Shadow sighed as he stood up and picked his helmet up 'I will find you' Y/n said as he picked up his ball then walked away, Shadow sighed and walked back dragging the bike.

"Slender I t-think he broke his b-bike" Toby called as he watched Shadow walking up the path with the bike, Slender looked over from talking with Masky and Hoodie then walked over and opened the door "Shadow, what happened?" he asked as Shadow lent the bike against the house "I hit a rock" Shadow mumbled as he walked in and to the stairs "did you fall off? are you hurt?" Slender asked "I'm fine, I'll fix it tomorrow" Shadow mumbled as he started walking up the stairs "are you going to meet the boys?" Slender asked as Shadow reached the top of the stairs "later" Shadow said as he walked into his room and closed the door, Slender sighed as he walked back to the kitchen "sorry, he's not one for living things, I will show you to your rooms" Slender said motioning for them to follow, Masky and Hoodie followed as Slender led them to their rooms "try not to hurt anyone here, no matter how annoying they get, and do not worry if you hear shouting in the morning, I will deal with it" Slender said before he walked off and to Shadows room "Shadow" he said as he knocked and walked in to see Shadow sitting on the bed with his mask off and few blood red tears running down his cheeks "your thinking about her again" Slender said as he closed the door and walked over "I'm just having a bad day" Shadow mumbled wiping the tears away, Slender nodded "its because its your birthday soon isn't it?" Slender asked as he sat on the bed and pulled Shadow over "is it that obvious?" Shadow sighed as he leaned into Slender who hugged him "painfully, but its ok. why don't you get some rest I'll go get you some food and fix your bike" Slender said brushing Shadows hair out of his face, Shadow nodded and got up pulling his top off and getting into his pyjama trousers on as Slender walked out, Shadow sighed and lay in bed before he put his phone on charge and put on some music to help him sleep.