Chapter 65

Shadow woke up to the door opening and Hans ran over breathing heavily as he coughed a bit "Hans, your bleeding" Shadow mumbled as Hans unlocked the chains around his wrists "I know, I have to get you out, get up" Hans said helping Shadow up and letting him lean on him "what's happening?" Shadow asked as they stumbled into the hallway "I tried to kill Villi, he stabbed me and ran off with my notes and his followers" Hans breathed before Shadow heard screaming from some of the rooms "they're experiments, their dead anyway" Hans breathed before he fell to the floor "your not going to make it" Shadow mumbled as he crouched down "I was at least hoping to get to the doors" Hans mumbled as he coughed up some blood and it started leaking through his shirt more "you're still useful, does he believe your dead?" Shadow asked as he lifted Hans' face a bit "he believes you would kill me at any chance you get" Hans mumbled as a little blood ran from his lips, Shadow sighed and looked around "whiskey will find us" Shadow mumbled before quickly sinking his fangs into Hans' neck making him gasp and grip Shadows hoodie before his eyes rolled back and he went limp, Shadow pulled back as the fire alarms started going off making him sigh, he picked Hans up and carried him to the room Y/n was in and lay him on the floor "Y/n" Shadow mumbled as he sat down then pulled Y/n and Hans over, he left Hans laying on the floor and cuddled Y/n as all the screaming started to grow feint as the fire spread "I'm sorry" Shadow whispered before everything went dark.

the world distorted 'now you remember, your ready. you need to wake up now, you've been asleep for to long, their waiting for you wake up! wake up! WAKE UP!'

Shadow gasped and jolted as he coughed up some dirt and looked around seeing he was in the woods in his realm under a tree as the roots were growing over him, Shadow sighed and pulled himself from the dirt and shakily stood up pulling the roots off before he stretched his wings and looked over to see Hans under a tree next to him covered in roots, Shadow sighed and pulled the bandage over his eyes down a bit more feeling they were soaked through with his blood, he sighed and walked over to Hans then crouched down and shook him, Hans groaned and woke up a bit as Shadow pulled the roots off "what happened? how long have we been here?" Hans asked as Shadow helped him up "I don't know" Shadow sighed "did you find what you were looking for?" Hans asked "I think so, I remember everything that happened now, you get your answer?" Shadow asked "no, I still don't know why you kept me alive. or tethered me to you, its not to protect me but its not to hurt me, so why did you?" Hans asked as they started walking out the woods "I need you, and your useful. the tether is for your protection, I can only protect you if I can find you, it also means I can keep an eye on you" Shadow said as Hans looked at the gold tattoo like markings up his arms "I'm like a familiar aren't I?" he asked looking up at Shadow "yes, your usefulness will come to an end sooner or later, for now you are a good healer and have earned a small level of trust, that is why I keep you here" Shadow said as they walked back to the castle, Hans sighed "I understand, it would be helpful if you would let me go and get my old files" Hans sighed "fine, you can leave to eat and find your files, if you are seen or captured-" "I know, keep the mask on and use my spells then call for you or run" Hans sighed making Shadow smirk "maybe I'll have more like you, you could have your own coven dedicated to me" Shadow said as they walked in "I'd rather not, at least until you plan on killing me, I like my time alone, your company once in a while is more then enough" Hans said, Shadow nodded "I'm going home" he said "get Jack to change your bandages and eat, call me when you need me" Hans said with a small bow before he walked off.

Shadow walked back into his house a few hours later "Shadow your back, I have news from the remaining council" Elizabeth said as she sat on one of the large tables in the main room "of course, let me guess more refugees have turned up?" Shadow sighed as he grabbed a bottle of vodka "yes, as you know only three didn't join Villi, Cora, Silas and William, the low level vampires have been coming to their now singular clan" Elizabeth said "get to the point" Shadow mumbled as he fiddled with the ring on his necklace as Y/n's old mask hung from his hip with his mask on the other side "they want to know your plans, they are happy to hide and help the others but they are running out of space and they've been attacked twice already" Elizabeth sighed "my plan is for them to hide until I find your shit head of a son!" Shadow growled making Elizabeth jump a little "you remember then?" she asked looking over with a few tears in her eyes "yes" Shadow growled as he downed the bottle of vodka, Elizabeth nodded and stood up "it may be a while until we find him, he has all the time he wants to hide and plan, as well as the backing of the other clans bar mine and the Emerson's" Elizabeth said as she stood up "he'll fuck up soon enough I have eternity to wait, even then he'll still see me when he dies" Shadow mumbled as he grabbed a beer from the fridge "I will be going home, remember you have a meeting with your uncle and demon council to discuss this issue next week" Elizabeth said as a portal opened, Shadow nodded before Elizabeth walked through and the portal closed, Shadow sighed and walked out.

A while later he was at Kozmo's drinking and smoking "Shad, you've been here all week, this isn't going to help" Kozmo said softly as she pat Shadows shoulder "I don't have anything else to do, no-one to go home to anymore" Shadow mumbled before drinking more from the bottle "I'll call Masky to come get you, get some rest eat and shower, I'll come over and check on you tomorrow" Kozmo said as she got her phone out, Shadow sighed "no more flowers" he mumbled making Kozmo smile "you only have one window of flowers, at least let me put some outside?" she said with a smile making Shadow smile a bit "there you go, its been months since you smiled, I'll call Masky" she said as she ruffled Shadows hair then walked off, Shadow sighed and ran his fingers over the bandages over his eyes feeling they were wet again, he shook his head and finished the bottle waiting for Masky to pick him up.