Chapter 53

Shadow walked back into the house as the sun started setting, he walked into the bedroom to see Y/n asleep cuddled up with whiskey, Shadow watched for a second before he walked over and lay down propping himself up on his elbow as he ran his hand up Y/n's leg and to his hip making Y/n groan softly and wake up a bit "Shadow" he mumbled tiredly as he shifted a bit "its time to wake up" Shadow said softly as he wrapped his arm around Y/n's waist "but sleep" Y/n mumbled "the funeral is in an hour" Shadow said softly, Y/n groaned and sighed softly as he opened his eyes a bit "I don't want to say goodbye, I'm not ready" Y/n mumbled as he ran his fingers through whiskeys black fur waking him "don't think of it as goodbye, think of it as a celebration, a see ya later" Shadow said softly as he stroked Y/n's hip "as long as I can get drunk" Y/n sighed "of course, I invited Kozmo and a few others from the mansion, your pack is here and Devin is on his way with Keegan" Shadow said as he sat up "ok" Y/n mumbled as he sat up still cuddling whiskey who licked his chin then rested his head on Y/n's shoulder, Shadow got up and walked to the door "I'll make you some food" he said with a smile "please don't, not again" Y/n groaned as he stood up with a small smile before a portal opened in the kitchen, Shadow looked over as Elizabeth and Trender walked out "I didn't think you'd show up" Shadow said as he walked out the room, Y/n put his mask on and followed after still holding whiskey "yes well miss Elizabeth asked me to join" Trender said as he crossed his arms over his chest "well it would benefit you if you left your office once in a while" Elizabeth said as she walked to the fridge "when does it start?" Trender asked "about an hour" Shadow said as Emma and Jason walked in with the proxy's and EJ and Slender behind them "have you g-got anymore f-f-feathers around?" Toby asked excitedly as he looked around the floor "no, not ones for you anyway" Shadow sighed as he handed Trender a small bag of his feathers "but I n-need more" Toby whined "no you don't piss off" Shadow growled before Y/n grabbed his hand and looked up at him, Shadow glanced down at him and huffed.

"who are we waiting on?" Y/n asked as everyone started talking and getting drinks out "Kozmo and Devin" Shadow said as Kozmo walked in "Y/n, how are you doing" She asked as she walked over "I'm fine I guess" Y/n mumbled "I have something for you, I hope it helps" She said as she pulled a small plant out of her bag "its a rare bluebell, it glows with pink veins and its smell is supposed to be relaxing at least once its fully grown" she said with a soft smile, Y/n smiled and took it looking over the small stem that was growing from the dirt in the pot "its also a hallucinogenic if you eat the buds when its fully grown, its kind of like a phoenix plant, it will grow to a point and wont wilt until all the buds are gone, if planted in the ground it will grow more around it" she said "thank you" Y/n said, Shadow waved his hand over the stem and Y/n watched as it grew and sprouted the hanging buds, Y/n gently touched one of them and sniffed it a bit "I didn't know you could do that" Y/n said as he looked up at Shadow who shrugged "I can make it better" he said before he pulled Y/n to the bedroom, he took the plant and put it on the window seal then closed his eyes as he slowly moved his hand over the plant and window seal, the pot started growing and changing to fit and fill the space as the soil did the same then more of the flowers started to grow as a little of Shadows blood started leaking from his nose, he opened his eyes and stumbled a bit as the flowers stopped growing "Shadow" Y/n said as he held onto him "I'm fine" Shadow breathed as he shook his head then wiped the blood from his nose, Y/n looked over to the window and smiled softly "thank you" he said as he looked up at Shadow "anything for you" Shadow said softly.

Y/n smiled "come on, I think Devin is here" he said as he grabbed Shadows hand and led him out the room then outside to see Devin talking to Slender and Zalgo "Y/n, how are you doing hun?" Zalgo asked as he turned to look at them "good enough I guess" Y/n shrugged as he looked at the pyre to see Keegan's body laying on it with a sheet over it "Y/n, we brought gifts for him" Emma said as she and her brother walked over as Everyone started walking out the house "thank you" Y/n said as he pulled out an old picture of him and Keegan as kids, he let go of Shadows hand and walked over to the pyre with Emma and Jason behind him, he placed the picture on Keegan's head as Emma put an old looking necklace on his chest and Jason placed an old looking note on Keegan's stomach before they all sat down and wrote some old prayer looking words in German then placed them on his hands and feet before they walked back over to the others "what were those?" Shadow asked "prayers and words of luck to help him move on, its apart of our burial process, when a Lycian dies they have to be covered and given gifts of memory's from loved ones, then prayers must be written by those loved ones to help guide the souls and placed on the hands and feet before the body is burned, usually we would prefer to return our own back to nature, but in situations like this these are the rules we must follow to ensure the soul can move on" Y/n said softly, Shadow nodded and held up a stick with some cloth and gasoline on it "its your brother, you get to send him off" Shadow said as the cloth burst into flame, Y/n took the torch and looked over to the pyre as everyone sat down in the grass with drinks, Y/n grabbed Shadows hand and pulled him over to the pyre before he placed the torch under the logs and they stepped back as the fire caught and the pyre went up in flames, Shadow handed Y/n a drink as he held a bottle of vodka "to Keegan" Shadow said as he held the bottle out "to Keegan" Y/n and everyone cheered as they held their glasses up before drinking.

After a while everyone was drunk and high as music played, Y/n looked around not seeing Shadow or Kozmo anywhere, he sighed and walked into the cabin to see them on the sofa with a tray of coke and other pills by them and both were talking and drinking with Zalgo passed out on the floor, Y/n walked over and wrapped his arms around Shadows shoulders making him jump and look up "you good there" Y/n asked with a small smile, Shadow smiled "I'm fine" he said "I'm going for a walk, I'll be back later" Y/n said "you want me to come with?" Shadow asked "no its fine, I need to clear my head I'll be ok" Y/n said "ok, be safe" Shadow said as Kozmo dropped a joint onto his lap "I will" Y/n said before he pecked Shadows lips and walked off.