Chapter 54

Y/n walked through the woods reading the note again 'I have information you'll find helpful, come to your parents cave ten pm Saturday, don't bring Shadow' Y/n sighed as he put the note away and shifted noticing the mask grew to fit his face and snout like armor then he took off running. He reached the cave a bit later and sniffed around before shifting back to his human form "you came" a voice said from the entrance of the cave, Y/n looked over and growled as he saw Hans leaning on the wall smoking a fag "you left the note?" Y/n asked keeping his distance "yes, I know Shadow doesn't speak German so it was the easiest way to contact you" Hans said as he dropped the fag on the floor and stepped on it "what do you want?" Y/n growled "I have some information that will help you" Hans said as he crouched down "I have no reason to trust you!" Y/n said "true, but the cogs are turning in ways you two don't even know. plans have been in place for months now, it was no accident that Shadow ended up in my facility" Hans said "what do you know?" Y/n asked "I have a new employer, one that hasn't shown their face yet. they want me to make a weapon, one capable of taking Shadow out, although from what I heard keeping him dead is impossible, but the main reason I asked you here is because my employer is building an army, I am not sure for what yet but from the orders I'm getting it looks like he wants to start a war, I'm not sure to what end yet." Hans said.

Y/n sighed "vampires from the clans have been going missing in the past few months, Shadow is going to take his place as king soon to try and stop this, we have a feeling its a member of the council but until we meet with them and test their loyalty's we wont know who" Y/n said thinking a bit "yes, I have seen the recruitment propaganda. its reaching out to the lower levels of the clans and playing on their wants and fears, I do not wish to be part of this, especially going up against a death god, it will not end well for anyone involved, for now" Hans said as he tossed a small envelope over "those are coordinates, they will take you to one of my older labs where you'll find some of my notes and test subjects, you will need it. do not let Shadow see the note, he will recognise my handwriting and I cannot have my cover blown yet. I'll be in contact when I have more, check the cave regularly all notes will be in German" Hans said as he stood up "why are you helping? you know Shadow will kill you for what you did" Y/n asked as he picked up the envelope "this is not a game I wish to play, I do not wish for a needless empty war driven by greed and childish wants. I accept my fate, I know I'll die by his hand but I hope he will understand that I am useful for a while when the time comes, I do not expect to be able to hide this from him for long" Hans said "what do you want out of this?" Y/n asked as he stood up "for now I want protection If I need it" Hans said before he walked away, Y/n sighed and bit his lip as he thought.

Y/n walked back into the cabin a few hours later to see everyone had either left or passed out on the floor, Y/n sighed and walked to the bedroom to see Shadow passed out on the bed with whiskey, he sighed and took his mask off as he walked over before he gently took Shadows mask off waking him a bit "Y/n" Shadow mumbled opening his eyes a bit "go back to sleep" Y/n said softly as he lay in the bed, Shadow groaned and turned to cuddle Y/n wrapping his wings around him as Y/n yawned and quickly fell asleep. Shadow woke up in the morning and groaned softly before noticing Y/n and whiskey weren't in the bed, he sat up a bit and rubbed his eyes hearing voices in the kitchen, Shadow sat up and grabbed a joint off the table as he shook his wings some of the feathers falling out before he put his mask on and lit the joint then got up and walked out the room "ah your awake, I have some information for you" Slender said as he looked up from talking to Y/n "about?" Shadow said his voice a bit deeper and gravelly as he took a drag of the joint "I'm not sure, apparently it will help, you can go and check it out before the party in a few days or I can send the Proxy, but it may be information to help you find Hans" Slender said catching Shadows attention "I'll go check it out tonight, give me the location later" Shadow mumbled as he walked to the fridge "your bottle is in the microwave" Y/n said.

Shadow closed the fridge and grabbed his bottle before he walked to the sofa and sat down turning the tv on "I will send you the location later, for now Trender wishes to see you both to try on your suits, he said to go over when your ready" Slender said as he stood up but only got a grunt from Shadow as he sat back and put his feet on the coffee table, Slender walked out as Y/n walked over "why you grumpy today?" Y/n asked as he sat down on the sofa with one of his legs under him "I'm not" Shadow mumbled as he pulled Y/n over "I have a question" Y/n asked, Shadow hummed and wrapped his arm around him as whiskey jumped on the sofa "how big is he going to get? and how long will it take?" Y/n asked as he pet whiskeys head "I'm not sure, I haven't had time to go over the files yet" Shadow mumbled as he finished his joint "if he gets too big we may have to move somewhere bigger" Y/n said "yeah, probably" Shadow shrugged as Y/n cuddled to his chest.