Chapter 63

Shadow and Y/n walked back into the cabin a few hours later with Shadow looking tired while Y/n was happily holding onto his arm "so what was that boy? and how long until we know what's going on?" Y/n asked "I found him and I don't know" Shadow mumbled as he walked to the bedroom and pulled his mask off as Y/n followed "you want to come hunt?" Y/n asked with his head tilted "no" Shadow mumbled as he pulled his hoodie off then sat down to pull his boots off "ok, I'll be back later, probably with my pack" Y/n said, Shadow just groaned and lay down "I'll take whiskey" Y/n said as he kissed Shadows cheek then walked out the room leaving him to sleep, Y/n sighed softly and walked out with whiskey before shifting and howling, he waited for a few minutes before Jason and Emma ran over in their shifted forms and jumped on him 'how did it go?' Emma asked 'is everyone ok?' Jason asked 'everyone's fine, Shadow is tired and apparently did really well, Elsie is talking to the council now about what's going to happen' Y/n said as he shook his fur 'does this mean technically your also a king now to?' Emma asked as they started walking 'I guess as I'm his mate, but I think I'd have to marry him before I officially get the title' Y/n said as he sniffed the air 'enough talking lets hunt' Jason whined.

Shadow woke up a few hours later to hear Elizabeth and Trender talking in the kitchen, he groaned and put his mask on then got up and grabbed a joint before walking out the room making Elizabeth look over "evening" Elizabeth said with a smile only for Shadow to grunt and light his joint before grabbing his bottle "we're celebrating tonight, are you going to stay for it?" Elizabeth asked "what are we celebrating?" Shadow mumbled as he shook his wings a bit letting some of the feathers fall onto the floor "you have been accepted as the king, the coronation is in two weeks, your family's assets are being transferred to you as we speak and the council wishes to build you a house of your design wherever you choose as long as they and others can get there" Elizabeth said with a smile "so, they want to build me a house that I'll live in and also be used for events and whenever they want to reach me?" Shadow mumbled "I assume so, I will have to walk you through what's expected of you as king but we can do that tomorrow, I have invited your father and a few others over for drinks and Y/n is getting the alcohol" Elizabeth said, Shadow nodded "I will allow them to hold meetings but no unimportant events, and I'll need some time to go over all the rules and all the council members files and change a few things" Shadow said as he finished his joint "of course, I can help with whatever you need" Elizabeth said as Y/n walked in with his pack and some bags "Elizabeth told you the news?" Y/n asked as he walked over "yeah" Shadow mumbled drinking from his bottle "go get dressed, the others will be here soon" Y/n said as he pulled the alcohol out the bags, Shadow huffed and walked back to the bedroom.

"is he going to be ok tonight?" Elizabeth asked "he'll be fine, may need to go to the basement for a while" Y/n said before Shadow walked out the room and wrapped his arms around Y/n making him smile "you ok?" he asked as he looked back at Shadow before he was picked up and carried off to the bedroom "well, I think we should wait outside" Trender sighed as he stood up "why?" Elizabeth asked before she heard a loud moan and a few thuds "ah, yes" she said standing up and following Trender out, Shadow walked out the bedroom an hour later as Y/n leaned on the door frame panting with his clothes and hair messed up "boys, finally. everyone is waiting come on" Kozmo said waving them over to the kitchen "is everyone drinking already?" Shadow asked as Y/n walked over "yes, we're all waiting for you, Elizabeth said she has some news to announce" Kozmo said leading them outside where there was music playing and nearly everyone from the mansion was there and drinking as well as Zalgo and a few other demon lords, Elizabeth looked over and handed Shadow and Y/n a drink each before the music turned down "everyone, Shadow has been accepted as our new king" she called holding her glass up, everyone cheered and held their glasses up "god of the dead and king of the vampires, what's next?" Zalgo asked "well I could always take your place uncle" Shadow said with a smirk making the other lords laugh, Zalgo rolled his eyes and waved Shadow over "you do know this means you'll hold a high standing with the demon lords, as well as being a god. you'll be called to events and be asked to help make decisions like your predecessors" Zalgo said "I figured, is this what everyone was waiting for? me to finally take my place as god over the dead and undead?" Shadow asked as he drank from his glass "yes, it shouldn't be to stressful for you" Zalgo said as the music turned up again and everyone started talking and dancing.

Shadow looked around a bit later as he was talking to Masky away from the others "he was last with Toby" Masky said as he lit his fag "I know, I haven't seen either of them in a while" Shadow sighed as he leaned against the tree and lit his joint "they'll be fine, unless Toby's drinking" Masky said lighting his fag "so what's the deal with you two anyway?" Shadow asked "nothing why?" Masky asked looking over "he likes you, but wants you to make the first move" Shadow mumbled "he does? that's not just him?" Masky asked tilting his head "I think you'll find he'll be a lot calmer and less annoying if you give him attention and things to do" Shadow said as he glanced behind him to see Y/n and Toby sneaking up on them, Y/n jumped on Shadow making him catch him as he giggled as Toby jumped on Masky wrapping his arms and legs around him, Masky sighed as Toby laughed "we'll leave you to it" Shadow said as he carried Y/n off "leave them to what?" Y/n asked as he looked over to see Masky and Toby kissing "oh" Y/n said before he yawned softly "you want to go to bed?" Shadow asked as he grabbed a bottle of vodka and walked over to Kozmo who was selling some stuff to ben and Jeff while talking to Devin "Koz" Shadow called making her look over "two minutes" she said with a smile, Shadow nodded and walked in then looked down at Y/n to see he was half asleep already, Shadow lay him in bed and pulled the covers over him then took his mask off "are you coming to bed soon?" Y/n asked as he curled up "maybe" Shadow said as whiskey jumped on the bed and cuddled up to Y/n making him smile as the world distorted for a few seconds before returning to normal as Shadow walked out the room and back to the party.

'your nearly there, just a little longer. you need to remember what happened, who did it, who had a part to play in all of this'