Chapter 28

Y/n woke up in the middle of the night in pain again but this time his whole body hurt, he sat up and held back a scream as his body shook, he waited for a bit as the pain started to fade and sat back taking a few deep breaths before he got up and walked out his room to see Masky walking out his room "couldn't sleep?" Masky asked as he looked over, Y/n shook his head "he's in pain again" he mumbled, Masky nodded and waved for Y/n to follow "why cant you sleep?" Y/n asked as they walked out the hotel "schizophrenia, makes it hard to sleep" Masky said as they walked to a twenty-four hour shop "how comes Shadow can sleep all night then?" Y/n asked as they walked in "he doesn't unless he's drunk or drugged up, he sleeps for like two hours then he'll usually go for a joint talk with me for a bit then he'll go back to bed for an hour or so" Masky said as he grabbed some snacks and energy drinks "he talks to you a lot?" Y/n asked as he grabbed a couple of energy drinks "yeah, mostly when everyone else is asleep, sometimes its nice to sit and talk to someone who's going through something similar" Masky said walking to the counter "what does he usually talk about?" Y/n asked as they paid, Masky shrugged "the voices, the things he sees, sometimes his freak-outs, sometimes we'd just talk about stupid shit" Masky said as he pulled a fag out and lent on the wall outside the shop "have you seen one of his freak-outs?" Y/n asked "several, they're all very different" Masky said as he took a drag of his fag, Y/n nodded and sighed softly "what would happen if his hallucinations were somehow amplified and he was kept in a constant freak-out?" Y/n asked biting his lip "I'm not sure, nothing good though, he probably wont be able to sleep and will be highly unpredictable, why?" Masky asked as he finished his fag and threw it.

Y/n pulled his phone out and showed Masky the audio clip "that's going to be an issue, did ben get anything on the other guy in the room?" Masky asked, Y/n nodded and pulled up the file then handed the phone to Masky as they walked back to the hotel "I think I know the kid, he looks familiar" Masky said as he looked over the file "where do you know him from?" Y/n asked looking up at Masky as he handed the phone back "he's from one of the support groups I used to go to, from what I understood he's similar to Shadow and has a lot of dad issues" Masky said as they walked in and up to their rooms "can you point him out if you saw him again? if you go back?" Y/n asked "maybe, but lets focus on finding Shadow first, you going back to bed?" Masky asked, Y/n shook his head "no" he mumbled, Masky nodded "come on then, Hoodie should be awake by now" Masky said as he opened his door and walked in with Y/n following.

"how long have we got the rooms for?" Y/n asked as he watched the house across the street watching as the people inside started to wake up "three days, hopefully it wont take that long for the guy to show" Hoodie mumbled as he drank his energy drink "I'll go take a walk around, see if I can hear anything" Y/n said as he walked away from the window "take twitchy" Masky said as Toby sat on the bed bouncing "come on" Y/n sighed as he walked out, Toby jumped up and followed after "s-so what we d-doing?" Toby asked as he put the plaster on his cheek "I need to get close so I can listen and see if they talk to the guy" Y/n said as they walked out the hotel "w-what's his n-name?" Toby asked as they walked "I think it was victor" Y/n said as he checked his phone "so w-we just walking past o-or hiding?" Toby asked, Y/n shrugged "don't know, never done this before, I assume its like hunting deer?" Y/n asked as he looked around "h-how do you h-hunt deer?" Toby asked "find a nice concealed spot downwind and wait" Y/n shrugged as they walked around the back of the houses "h-how close do y-you need to b-be?" Toby asked as he spotted some trees around the back of the house "within a mile is best but two miles or closer helps" Y/n said as he walked over, Toby nodded and followed Y/n to the trees.

after a few hours Y/n and Toby walked back into the hotel room "he'll be here tomorrow night with more hunters and the man we need is meeting the day after" Y/n said as he picked up an energy drink "so we don't need the first guy?" Hoodie asked as he picked up a bag of crisps "no, I've already updated ben he said we can kill everyone but the guy that will turns up on friday" Y/n said as he sat on one of the beds "what time is the guy coming on friday?" Masky asked "about twelve" Y/n said as he pulled his phone out 'is there no location in the system?' Y/n text ben 'not of this location, only the others, this one is like the ultimate black site' ben replied 'how is he doing?' Y/n text 'he tried to escape last night, got recaptured and put in stronger restraints with his food cut off for a few months' ben replied making Y/n sigh softly 'is there anything you can do?' Y/n asked 'I can send a last location ping from his phone but its dead' ben text 'can you contact him somehow?' Y/n text as he chewed his finger and waited for a reply 'not while he's freaking out, also there's talk of maybe moving him if they cant find a way to kill him' ben replied 'get in contact with him as soon as you can and send me the location' Y/n text before he put his phone down "w-what's going o-on?" Toby asked "he tried to escape, now they're torturing him more and trying to find ways to kill him" Y/n sighed as he rubbed his head "we'll find him soon" Hoodie said as he looked back out the window "hopefully" Y/n mumbled.