The End of the Affair pt. 1

WHAT WAS IT ABOUT Chicago that brought Leah so much joy. Last time she had been to the city was with her family. There were sweet memories around her for the first time all summer even though she was still stuck with Klaus.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked, he seemed a little less happy to be here.

"Who cares, lets go shopping! There's so much I want to do!" I said letting my excitement get the best of me.

"That's the spirit love, unfortunately we're not here for all that." Klaus said as I felt my mood turn sour. Of course he just had to continue pursuing his stupid hybrid crap.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus said to Stefan who seemed less than enthusiastic about being reminded of his past.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan said.

"Oh there's some fun ideas, minus the blood." I said as Klaus looked at me surprised. I think my spike in energy was what threw him off. It was throwing me off too but I knew it was because I had gotten the chance to briefly see some people from home last night. It had put me in a better mood temporarily. Made me feel like there was some kind of hope.

"The blood was the best part." Klaus said as I rolled my eyes.

"The details are what make it legend" Klaus said to Stefan.

"Chicago was magical." Klaus said as he seemed to be reminiscing.

"Gross, I forget how old you are." I said as I took a few steps away from Klaus and closer to Stefan.

"He's old too." Klaus said, referring to Stefan. I shrugged.

"He can pull it off." I said as Klaus frowned.

"We both can with that logic love, I don't age." He said as I quirked an eyebrow.

"You sure? Maybe you should invest in some good anti-aging cream. Maybe Botox... Is that a new wrinkle?" I said pointed towards his forehead. Klaus frowned further.

"Yikes, give me a sec I need to go reapply my sunscreen." I said as Klaus seemed to get a little irritated at me insisting that he was looking old.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it being magical. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan said bringing our attention back to the original topic.

"Going to get down to business, then?" Klaus said now looking at Stefan.

"Why are we still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan asked, he had a point. What was our purpose... well his purpose, I still wasn't clear on why I was with them from the very beginning.

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." Klaus said

"Sorry our?" I said as Klaus turned to me. "This isn't a team or anything, your problems are not mine. Think of this like an STD. You suffer and its none of my business." I said as Klaus looked me up and down.

"And what if you suffer from the same STD?" Klaus asked as I scrunched up my features.

"Are insinuating that I passed you this STD or could possibly ever have one? Because i'm clean you fleabag. And I would never sleep with you." This conversation was definitely taking a turn for the weird.

"Never is a long time love." Klaus said while smirking.

"Ew, you realize this is pedophilia" I said as Klaus tsked.