Chapter 3 - Making New Friends

"Diapers," Amelia whispered as she looked over the bags she had packed for the trip, "Wipes, pacifiers, the pack and play."

"Got everything?" Sauntering into the room Jax snaked his arms around her waist.

"I think so," she wriggled around to face him. "You sure you're okay with this?"

It was the worst possible place for her to have to go, Jax hated when she left and he hated those people, the ones who had tried so hard to claim her. He wasn't alone in that hate, Piney felt the vitriol and although Opie supported his sister, he wanted her home as well.

"Yeah, of course," he grinned wickedly as he pushed her back onto the bed. Amelia squealed as his fingers crawled up her shirt to tickle her ribs playfully before moving to unhook her bra. He kissed her deeply, "Just don't forget who loves you right."

She moaned a little as he nibbled her ear, her shirt coming off quickly as their breathing quickened and their mouths crashed together again.

Jax was far from insecure but the way, he thought, her coworkers and ex in Vegas whispered in her ear made him uncomfortable and angry. They'd just gotten on track, after months of worry and upheaval, and he refused to lose Amelia and Alice to anyone again.

They made quick work of their clothes, stripping down to nothing, and as he rolled Amelia onto her side, Jax kicked her suitcase from the side of the bed and slipped into her from behind. They moved together, his hand draped over her to caress her breasts as they made love, spooning together.

"I love you," her voice wavered as he sucked on her neck.

He grunted, moving faster and harder inside of her, until she clenched around him and cried out, her pleasure muffled by the pillows. "I love you too Meely," he whispered into her ear as he climaxed. "Think about that when you're with those assholes."

"It'll be hard not to," she giggled rolling around to look at him. "Now I don't even want to go but I'm assuming that was your plan."

"Not the point but certainly a positive." With an ardent kiss, he jumped out of bed and redressed while Amelia slipped into the bathroom to clean up. "Your escort should be here soon."

"What?" She swung open the door and threw her clothes on quickly. "I thought you were going to let me go on my own, you know, like a big girl."

Jax grinned and shook his head. "No chance, babe. I trust you but not them."

"Fine." She rolled her as at his confident grin and nodded. "I'll take him along."

Jax left Amelia to finish getting ready and sat with Alice, bottle in hand, speaking in a whisper. The infant smiled at him, her dark grey eyes becoming lighter each day, while he soaked up as much time with her as he could.

"I got it," Amelia called out as a Harley pulled into their driveway. Swinging open the door before he could even knock she was face to face with Juice. "I guess you're my babysitter, huh?"

He smiled, sunny and almost overly cheerful, and nodded. "Jax gave me strict instructions."

"Oh I'm sure he did," she stepped aside and welcomed him into the house. "Juice, right?"

"Yep," he nodded and fidgeted awkwardly. They'd met a handful of times but as a newer member and with Amelia's limited time back in Charming the two barely knew each other.

Jax came down the hall in a hurry with Alice still in his arms. "Meels, darlin', I love you. Call me tonight."

Taking Alice, Amelia kissed him passionately. "I love you too, be safe Jackson." After a tight family hug, she left them alone in the living room.