Chapter 50 - Trickling In

"What a terrible waste of a life it is, to always take the easy path, to never know what it is to risk everything for what you love." - Beau Taplin

Four Weeks Later...

"Work blows without you," Kylie sighed as Mae joined her at the clubhouse for a beer. "Plus reporters keep calling and it's just a mess."

Mae smiled a bit, enjoying the fact that she was missed, and hoped Kylie would mention the biggest development over the last few weeks. "So you're hanging here, a lot. I have even been here this as often as you and I've known Ope much longer."

"Cheap beers," she grinned as her eyes followed Kip around the clubhouse. "Plus Ope is in Nevada so you have no reason to be here."

Taken aback but knowing Kylie didn't mean it harshly, Mae forced a smile. "Yeah, guess not."

"Anyway!" Kylie laughed, slipping the real topic of Mae's interest. "How are things with Ope?"

"Good," she grinned. "He's been back and forth, spending a lot of time with the kids while I try to find a damn job and all. I don't have any experience except CPF so I'm screwed." Mae watched as Kylie smiled, her eyes meeting with Kip's as he shot her a goofy smile. "Speaking of getting screwed, how's Half-Sack?"

Kylie giggled. "Good, he's really good. Shit, Mae, he's not like my usual guys. I really like him."

"I'm glad," Mae fiddled with the cardboard coaster. "It's nice isn't it? Finding someone?"

"Oh no, I'm not in as deep as you, girlfriend." She rolled her eyes. "It's so weird, his missing ball, it makes me feel guilty before we bang."

"You're used to feel guilty after sex, right?"

"Totally," Kylie said, completely serious. "Is Ope still asking about moving?"

"Yeah," Mae sighed. "I mean not too much, he's been going back and forth, his sister is going through some shit and there's...business issues. It's just, it's a really crazy time so, he mentions it but it's not like he's pushing."

"Sounds dramatic," Kylie groaned. "What's going on with his sister?"

Mae hesitated, searching for a way to keep the confidence but also not make Kylie feel untrustworthy. "Her husband, martial shit, I can't really get into it."

"That's why I'm never getting married," she gaged jokingly. "Fuck that shit."

"Yeah, I want to be like Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell." Mae said dreamily.

"You would pick those two to describe you and Opie, they're like eighty. I think me and Kip are Brad Pitt and Angelina."

Mae's eyebrows furrowed. "Okay, except he didn't cheat on his wife with you and Jax is more Brad Pitt than Sack."

"Oh excuse me," she laughed. "I forgot about the cheating! I guess that would be you two, then huh?"

"Bitch," Mae growled, slightly offended but knowing Kylie was trying to play around with her. "You know that's not true."

"I know," Kylie laughed as Gemma and Luann strutted into the clubhouse and headed for the bar. "Oh this one," she rolled her eyes.

"So he finally came out with you, huh?" Gemma asked Mae, her eyebrow raised high. "Took him long enough."

"Yep," she nodded with a polite smile.

"I heard you're looking for work," Gemma said as her eyes landed on Luann.

"I am," she looked suspiciously between them.

"I need someone with brains," Luann finally said. "My girls, they can suck dick but they can't set schedules and make appointments with the union doctor."