Chapter 47 - If You Needed Proof...

"That's the lesson of life, isn't it? It gives us one person who both, shows us that true love exists and that fairy tales don't." - Leo Christopher

--

"Stoick kinda looks like your dad, doesn't he?" Mae whispered to Ellie as the four of them watched How To Train Your Dragon, the empty pizza box on the coffee table. Ellie smiled a little and nodded. "I'm Mae, you're Ellie right?"

"Yeah," she nodded with a deep frown. "You know my dad?"

"I do and he's gonna get you guys," she promised, looking at Kenny for a second. "Nothi-"

"Shhhh," Sky snapped. "I'm trying to watch the movie."

Mae looked at the kids and nodded. "Sorry," she mumbled.

"Mae?" There was a light knock at the door and Mae jumped, startled by Kylie's interruption. "Mae, answer the door. Did you quit because of that nutjob?"

"It's okay," Mae said as Skylar jumped to his feet. "It's Kylie, you know how she is." She pressed her palms to Sky's chest and fluttered her lashes at him. "Let me talk to her."

"Fine." He grunted. "One minute and don't get smart."

He sliced through Mae's cable ties and unlocked the bolt. Standing behind the door Skylar listened to their conversation.

"What is wrong with you?" Kylie stomped her foot on Mae's front step. "You quit!"

"Everything is fine," Mae said flatly. "It's uhh Abbott Family Day." When her voice faltered Sky jabbed his gun into her side. "We'll talk later okay?"

"Okay." Kylie knew something was very wrong. "Umm how's Sasquatch?"

Mae's eyebrows knitted together. "He's okay. Sky is allergic so he's outback. I really really miss him. Ya know?"

"Yeah, I'll give him a pet on my way home, just sneak my hand in the gate."

"Please, just so he doesn't forget about me. He gets lonely out there." Growing impatient, Sky cleared his throat. "I should go. Talk later."

Sky pulled Mae back and slammed the door. "You're a good girl."

--

Tara was already in her car heading toward TM before the guys were even in town. Really, she never stopped attempting to contact him, but when Hale informed her of the kidnapping she knew Jax would be in town and she didn't waste a minute.

"She's got to be out of her mind," Opie grumbled. "Jax, we got church."

He nodded, walking away from the building toward the swings. "I'll be right there." Jax didn't even wait for her to speak. "You gotta back off," he started harshly.

"Hello to you too," she sniffled.

Jax rolled his eyes hard. "Me and Meely, we're working through this despite what you're doing, she knows what happened, I told her and look, we're still married."

"You...you told her?" Tara was crushed that no longer did they have their secret but that it looked like it had no negative effect on their marriage. "And you two are alright?"

"Yeah," he smiled leaving out the part where Amelia had given him no choice but to come clean and then left for a week. "I told her about what happened after Kohn."

"Oh, well, guess she lacks some self-respect."

"You're one to talk," he snapped "Back off, Tara. Shit, I'll pay for the damn abortion and throw in a little extra for you, if it'll get you off my goddamn back."