Chapter 29 - Forcing A Fit

"Two souls are sometimes created together and in love before they're born." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

--

*Thursday - Three Days After Arriving Home from Vegas*

Waking up alone in bed, Amelia tiptoed out of bed and peeked in on Alice expecting to find Jax on the daubed but Alice was sleeping and Jax was nowhere to be found. Kissing her finger tips she pressed them to Alice's forehead before heading out to find Jax.

Amelia leaned on the doorframe, a nostalgic smile on her face, as she watched Jax working so carefully on his beloved Harley. She kept quiet, enjoying the scene, noticing the baby monitor on the edge of the work bench.

Since returning home things had been calm. The ATF slowly crept back into the shadows without Kohn feeding Stahl his ill gotten information and the guys she'd taken in for questioning were out before Jax returned to Charming. Even Tara, who seemed to turn up randomly only to linger in the background, kept from truly interfering and that was a miracle. Even so, Jax was to the point where he couldn't wait to leave town and put the nasty mess, Tara included, in the past.

"Hey," Amelia smiled as he looked up over his bike. "Look at this, for a second I swore I was looking at you as a teen obsessively waxing JT's bike."

His smile was broad and sunny, illuminating the garage and the dark spots of anger that Amelia still held onto from their fight in Vegas. "Couldn't sleep," he shrugged. "There's so much sand and shit, thought I could clean her up while you two were sleeping."

"You look so happy." Amelia said softly. "Are you happy?"

Jax tossed the rag down and sauntered over toward Amelia as she gazed at him. She was wearing a pair of his boxers, rolled to fit, and a tank top, her face was bare and her hair framing her face, Jax loved seeing her looking so natural and comfortable. "I am happy." He said in complete honesty.

"I'm happy too," she wrapped her arms around his waist when he kissed her. "Jax," Amelia giggled. He lifted her and perched her on his bike, gently laying her down along the seat. His lips lingered on her skin, up and down her neck and along her clavicle.

"Morning!" They heard Gemma holler from the entry way to the kitchen just as his fingers slipped beneath the elastic of the boxers.

Groaning, Jax pulled his hand back, the elastic snapping against her skin, and gave Amelia an apologetic look. "I can't wait to be five hundred miles from interruptions like that."

"We have a date out here again ASAP." Amelia said as she adjusted herself. "That was fucking hot." She whispered seductively, slapping his ass, as she stepped out of the garage, through the laundry room and into the kitchen.

"Shouldn't you be dressed by now?" Gemma asked disapprovingly as she poured water into the coffee maker to put a pot on.

"Good morning to you too, Gem."

"Hey Ma," Jax joined the ladies and kissed his mother on the cheek. "What are you doing here?"

"Can't I visit my family?" She asked with a laugh that somehow sounded devious to Amelia. "I was hoping to take Alice too. I want as much time with her before this move."

Amelia's eyes darted to Jax who immediately nodded. "Sure, as long as Meely is okay with it."

"Oh you know I was going to look into furniture and stuff for the new house. I really wanted to bring her."

"To look at furniture?" Gemma pulled a face.

Amelia smiled and shrugged as she reaches for a mug to pour herself the first cup of coffee before Gemma could get to it. "They have those good parking spots for pregnant women and moms, I like to take advantage."