Chapter 38 - Sweet Reunions and Bitter Secrets

"I want all of you. Even the parts you refuse to give to anyone. Especially those parts." - J. Rose

--

The sun wasn't even up and the lights were still lit in the backyard tree when Amelia set herself up on a stool and using a stack of boxes as a desk. Jax poured the champagne he'd had Juice pick up while his new wife set to work.

"I like the look," Jax remarked. "Messy hair, one of my shirts and nothing else."

"You would," she rolled her eyes. "Prelim," Amelia turned her laptop toward him. "It looks like they wanted to make a lot noise without really doing much."

"You need to dumb this down for me," Jax sighed as he attempted to read the chemical names that littered the report.

Amelia smirked and looked at Jax. "It's a cheap home made firebomb. Contents don't matter in narrowing down who, looks like gasoline and alcohol, probably two different ones. Investigators say they smelled propane but that's not scientific, just opinion really."

"Damage?" He narrowed his eyes on the screen scanning the report but he didn't know where to look for which bits of information.

"Barely any," Amelia smiled. "Structure seems fine, really it's mostly aesthetic."

"Good," pinching her chin her turned her face toward his. "Mrs. Teller, what would I do without you?"

Amelia smiled, sucking in her bottom lip, as her cheeks flushed red to match her hair. "Stop, Jackson. We're married you don't have to woo my anymore."

"I love wooing you," he kissed her. "I also love-"

Before he could elaborate, Opie and Juice arrived back at the house being announced by the rumble of their bikes. "We can finish this conversation later." She said in a light flirty tone. "I wonder if the neighbors hate the bikes already?"

"Probably," he sighed opening the door for them.

When the three men entered the kitchen again, Juice fell in love all over again. Sitting casually with her tousled hair and sleepy, natural appearance Amelia stole his heart without even looking at him. Opie groaned loudly as he noticed what she was wearing of really what she wasn't wearing.

"I don't need to see this shit." He sighed as she offered them beers from the otherwise empty fridge. "Put some damn pants on Meels."

"Always bossing me around."

Jax noticed Juice sneaking peeks and nodded for Amelia to take Opie's instruction. "Go babe," he said. Pouting, she nodded and scurried away. "So? Where are we?"

"Alvarez wants to meet, he said straight up it was the Mayans. They found their guy so they wanted to shake us up."

"You boys don't shake." Amelia said as she came back into the kitchen, her hair in a ponytail and wearing proper clothing and most importantly a bra. Juice smiled at her as she sat back at her computer.

"So you don't need me anymore?"

"Nah, we're good." Jax kissed her temple. "Guess we're heading out?" He looked at Opie over Amelia's head.